• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby Bearded NEEDS HELP!!

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I mean I don't know much but watching him move and climb on his Mesh lounge and his rock and watching him chase tickets it almost seems like he doesn't even know it's there I will video it when I get home and post it so I can get a better opinion of course :) thanks for all the insight and help everyone!!!

Brandon

edit: thanks Janie for all the help I'll give them a call and see what they say and also keep a close eye on him!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
acting as if it doesn't exist is goooood. let me know what the vets say... you may not need to take him in... at least for the moment... in a few weeks or so, you might want to get an exam, and a fecal done so you know if he is parasite clear...
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you get home.,. could you take good pictures of that area, and the whole leg ? facing down onto the area, instead of directly at baby. About 6" distance should do it...
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So long as he is active and not favoring the leg and eating you can hold off on a vet until you have the money for it. As janie said a fecal exam would be a good idea considering the lil fella has changed hands at least twice so far in his life. And get a opinion on the foot from a vet while you are at it.

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Will do! I'm leavin work in 30 minutes!! Also when I get home I'm taking the sand out and will use news paper until I set up his 36g this weekend!! Then I will use slate or tile!! Any other suggestions?!? Thanks all

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pretty much just keep things quiet for him... he was actively pursueing his feeders yesterday, yes ? if he follows through with that, then let him be...
remove sand, in the larger enclosure, you can use sealed ceramic tiles... lowes will cut to size if you buy from them... for free... make sure you have the inside measurements or take the tank with yuou.

offer the salad first, then the insects... drop in a couple at a time, let him munch those down, and repeat until he has eaten his fill.

you might also want to cover 3 sides of the glass if he wasn't raised in glass, to reduce stress....
but we'll want those photos... Gina and I want to make sure that it is a clean break, and nothing is going necrotic around that area.
kanie

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok here are some updated pictures! I got rid of the sand and put some salad in! I gave him a nice bath, and now hes back in his new tank just sitting on his hammock watching me sit at the computer!

Here is his tank view
Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its his right paw, they almost look normal here but its definatly curled in when he runs on it and moves!! Ill get a video when he starts moving right now hes just basking!! ALso his light is a Desert 50uvb T8 Fluorescent Bulb!!! 18 inch made by zilla

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is he in partial shed ? that left leg looks to have a retained or shed in process just above the elbow... does anyone else see that ?

Yeah, he looks fine... my though he is a wee widdle one isn't he!
A bit of relocation stress, but he should come out of that presently. do you know if he was kept in an opaque or a glass housing before you got him ?
janie

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he was kept in the same tank hes in now.. and yes i believe hes mid shed i noticed it yesterday and today again when i was bathing him that some skin came off!

Also he hasnt touched his greens should i throw in crickets??

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These pictures definately make things look different. Not nearly as bad as the first original where it appeared there was a break and tissue damage.
I can't see any dermal (on the outside) tissue damage at all. Is that right?

The bending or curling of the wrist can be caused by a several things. The exact cause can only be determined by diagnostics. When babies are teenie tiny, temperatures can cause this to happen. it's a nerve issue. It can also happen from tissue damage from a jump or fall. Or It may be the result of a minor vitamin B deficiency.

You can add some Brewers yeast to his salad, and be sure he eats his crix with the multi vitamin on them. If he's not taking in salad well you may want a liquid supplement.

As far as as having the arm medically altered.......my opinion.......it's obviously not hurting him now....mess with it and you could make a good situation bad. Nature handles most things if you let it.

Still recommend that check in a couple of weeks after he's settled in. Call ahead and get your prices.

and Good Job on the new member of your family!

yes Crickets. he's baby. he eats crix before greens

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
alright what sized crickets are best the pet store close to me has like medium crickets and then really small ones... medium look to big and those small ones look really really small

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Preferrably 2 week to half grown sized crickets. (3/8 inch to 1/2 inch)
as many as he will eat in 15 min 2-3 times per day

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I also picked up at the store Natural juvie bearded dragon food made by zoomed im supposed to wet and put with a little bit of lettuce its supposed to have the protein calcium and fiber i guess it says on the label... does this work and is it worth it? 5$ for a 10oz container

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
for a gut load for the feeders, yeah... for the baby himself.. naaa. Go with what I suggested, and you'll be just fine.
Janie

bdisilvestro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
alrighty sounds good thank you so much!! I ordered 250 Crickets 3/8 off of ghans!! what do you guys suggest keeping them in? and best way to get them out and feed them ive never had this many crickets at once??

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Get a clear sterlite tub, around 18 gallons should be good... some metal window screening, and a handful of egg crates... go by your local breakfast place, Waffle house, Ihop... those kind of places.. usually they'll give them to you free... or you'll have to dig them out of the dumpster...

Now, take the lid of the tub, cut out the middle, leaving around 3" to the edge. Adhere the screening to that, I tend to use a hot glue gun... no gaps...
set that aside.
If you have a heat pad, without the auto turn off, then you can put that under the tub, to keep the crickets warm.

lay the egg crates in on their side, so the cups are facing front and back, NOT up and down...
then all you need is a place to put the food and water crystals... now you have a secure place to keep your crickets.
Janie
for removing... save some paper towel tubes... drop one in the night before, and by morning, it will have crickets inside.. all you need do is tip that into the supplement for the day, and tap the crickets out...
watch out.. they move fast and Jump ! lol

Latest posts