• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

need some advise from other moms

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jordan has found his boy parts today. He is taking his diaper off to play with himself and very excited when it grows. First he was playing with himself and saying ta-da after making it grow. Now he is playing with him self while making monkey sounds. It is funny but not something I let him know makes me giggle since I don't want it to continue. I am not very happy about it. Any advise for getting him to stop this or is this just one of those little boy things that I am just going to have to accept.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
;D

It's just a phase!! Don't make a big deal out of it but just tell him to knock it off and just gently move his hands!! LOL!!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not a mother but if I were in a similar situation I wouldn't give it much attention. Now this may sound textbook but children definitely do things more if you give them attention to what they are doing be it good or bad attention. If he continues I would pull him aside and just explain that his parts are used to help him go potty and that it's what makes him a boy. Tell him it's impolite to touch it in front of people. It's a natural thing he's doing, well, maybe not the monkey noises lol but exploring his body is just what all boys and even young girls will do. Sure it's an uncomfortable feeling for us parents/guardians but there's a darn good chance we did it as young'ns too.

No matter what you choose to do about it, it makes good blackmail for when he's older and has a girlfriend *evil grin*

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been ignoring it since I don't want it to continue. I even tried putting overalls on him thinking it would keep the diaper on but he took the overalls off. Thank goodness it was only me and him home while he was doing it. I hope this passes quickly.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LMBO...I remember those days. BOYS!!!!
I would do the same as Vesta. Definitely don't laugh (although that is hard), just kind of move his hand away and tell him that he shouldn't do that around other people.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh this takes me back almost 2 decades...
Yeah, just ignore the behavior, Sandra... Eventually he will get over himself (literally).
Hope this helps out. :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Kenzie never played with herself and if she did she never made monkey noises or ta-da sounds while doing it so I never knew. I hope it passes quickly cuz I surly don't like it. Ignoring it was my first thought, if it continues too long then I am going to take his hands off and tell him no and move his hands.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My boys did the same thing. I ignored it like the rest said. I guess the biggest thing is what do you do if you're in public?!?!
Pretty much same thing. Other parents understand how it is and they tend to ignore it as well. Anybody who doesn't.........wouldn't have little boys, so just ignore their ignorance on the subject.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
have you tried relating the sounds he makes with other gestures. Like the monkey sounds.
Do the "jungle book" monkey dance scratching your head and stuff. Maybe he'll think that's funnier

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I started doing monkey dances yesterday and it seems to be working. As for the ta-da he only seems to want to do that after it grows and when he takes his diaper off. Oh the fun of being a mom...blackmail for when he gets a girlfriend.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My oldest son was about 4 or 5 and i caught him dancing in his room in his underwear (like a Chip and Dales dancer) and took a pic. Came in handy when he wanted to borrow the car a few years later.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Funny...don't see any of the men posting here......
Any suggestions guys, lol!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They're secretly wondering how many of their mothers and sisters, wives and daughters have passed "questionable" photos of them to be used against them.
rofl

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well i know in sons of anarchy they cut the accountants fingers off sept his 2 index fingers, stopped him from playing with himself all the time. Not sure I would suggest that method though lol.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well my boys did it toooo. Only the making it grow part was not as amusing as seeing how far they could make it stretch.
Soooooo funny to see. The memories.
What I did was DISTRACTION and moved their hands away while changing the subject or getting them to focus on something else, they soon get over it, and its a natural phase apparently for boys to go through.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...LK!!!!
Still waiting for any memories of personal experiences, funny these guys are usually so fast on the draw for posting, where are they now?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
well i know in sons of anarchy they cut the accountants fingers off sept his 2 index fingers, stopped him from playing with himself all the time. Not sure I would suggest that method though lol.

LOL...that guy cracks me up

Pogie said:
Well my boys did it toooo. Only the making it grow part was not as amusing as seeing how far they could make it stretch.
Soooooo funny to see.

He does not pull it but he does squeeze it hard. I think it would hurt but then again what do I know since I don't have one.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He does not pull it but he does squeeze it hard. I think it would hurt but then again what do I know since I don't have one.

ROFLMAO ...........OMG..........I KNOW i'm not the only one falling outta the chair laughing.

Relax Sandra.....he's practicing for his future Mid Life Crisis. When the girls get alot younger than him, but are still legal and he has to keep up.

Latest posts