• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help!- New Bearded Dragon (baby)

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder --- please do not feed the dried canned jarred food - it dries them out and its not really good food to feed -- there are better choices to feed like fresh I posted the nutrition website --- feeding live insects and worms are best as well ---
So you got the UVB -- distance and placement is key here if you need help please ask
Yeah I pretty sure kales fine I have fed a bit to frank and he HATES IT

JDEM10

Bearded Dragon Egg
When i decorated Freyja's enclosure i put some plastic decorations in there from walmart some were of vegetables like a red cabbage i didn't think much of it until when she became hungry she started licking the fake plants with the colors and types she is craving. She licked the red cabbage for 3 days i laughed went and got red cabbage and it's been her favorite then she licked all the green plants so I fed her turnip greens, mustard greens, and collared greens. It's strange but my baby is communicating what she's wanting each day to me lol she licks the rocks for roaches. Your dragon probably wants fresh food not that store bought garbage. Visual light (non uvb) increases appetite stimulation make sure the enclosure is well lit and that it's 90-100 degrees in half of the enclosure and basking is 110-114 (124 is when burns begin) babies need to be hot. The lowest temp in mine is 84 degrees and despite people saying 75 is okay I've been warned against letting her be that cold this young because of RI. I'm no professional and new to keeping dragons as well so take my info with a grain of salt it's the things I've learned and gathered that are working well here.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When i decorated Freyja's enclosure i put some plastic decorations in there from walmart some were of vegetables like a red cabbage i didn't think much of it until when she became hungry she started licking the fake plants with the colors and types she is craving. She licked the red cabbage for 3 days i laughed went and got red cabbage and it's been her favorite then she licked all the green plants so I fed her turnip greens, mustard greens, and collared greens. It's strange but my baby is communicating what she's wanting each day to me lol she licks the rocks for roaches. Your dragon probably wants fresh food not that store bought garbage. Visual light (non uvb) increases appetite stimulation make sure the enclosure is well lit and that it's 90-100 degrees in half of the enclosure and basking is 110-114 (124 is when burns begin) babies need to be hot. The lowest temp in mine is 84 degrees and despite people saying 75 is okay I've been warned against letting her be that cold this young because of RI. I'm no professional and new to keeping dragons as well so take my info with a grain of salt it's the things I've learned and gathered that are working well here.
Lol fresh food let me show you my garden. Those are called beds they house lots of food. But I do buy some of my greens from the organic. and I know what you mean frank will try to eat the fake plant if he is hungty enough

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 14

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hehe wait that's what those are called? Looks like they're nice and warm ; p Fresh as in not freeze dried insects lol
Lol. They have things called hoops and a layer or fabric and plastic me and my step dad made them are selfs They are awesome for growing things, I would list everything I don’t fell like writing everything lol. And yeah freeze dried insects are never the best

mckenna_coveny

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, thank you!! His temperatures are great during the day, but drop a little low at night. I'll keep an eye on it. I am definitely going to look around for some fresh insects ASAP. I am in Texas and the weather crap has been weird so things are just starting to open back up!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, thank you!! His temperatures are great during the day, but drop a little low at night. I'll keep an eye on it. I am definitely going to look around for some fresh insects ASAP. I am in Texas and the weather crap has been weird so things are just starting to open back up!
Your better getting insects on line- cheaper in the long run - petstores seem to run out of them a lot - I can post some websites if you like

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.reptilianarts.com
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.joshsfarms.com
www.coastalsilkworms.com
www.hornworms.com
www.abdragons.com
www.aafeeder.com
www.symton.com
Please shop all of them and look and see what best fits you- I have ordered from all of them except joshsfarms and aafeeder-- there are some on here and another board that have ordered from them tho -- the best places I have found for roaches is dubia roaches -- reptilianarts is good as well - they ship fast as mulberryfarms but they are spendy as they ship Fed Ex -
Pangea reptiles has live bulk crickets that come from another supplier here is the website
I dont feed crickets but I do trust pangea as a whole - they are my go to place for UVB etc -- I actually just found the feeders on this site -- happy shopping

mckenna_coveny

Bearded Dragon Egg
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.reptilianarts.com
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.joshsfarms.com
www.coastalsilkworms.com
www.hornworms.com
www.abdragons.com
www.aafeeder.com
www.symton.com
Please shop all of them and look and see what best fits you- I have ordered from all of them except joshsfarms and aafeeder-- there are some on here and another board that have ordered from them tho -- the best places I have found for roaches is dubia roaches -- reptilianarts is good as well - they ship fast as mulberryfarms but they are spendy as they ship Fed Ex -
Pangea reptiles has live bulk crickets that come from another supplier here is the website
I dont feed crickets but I do trust pangea as a whole - they are my go to place for UVB etc -- I actually just found the feeders on this site -- happy shopping
Ok, thank you! I will order some get some crickets and roaches ASAP.

JDEM10

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lol. They have things called hoops and a layer or fabric and plastic me and my step dad made them are selfs They are awesome for growing things, I would list everything I don’t fell like writing everything lol. And yeah freeze dried insects are never the best
Hey Frank's dad, when it warms up I'd love to see some pics of that garden it looks pretty awesome!

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey Frank's dad, when it warms up I'd love to see some pics of that garden it looks pretty awesome!
Sure I can show you know from the summer!

Attachments

• 071F785F-28E2-4B51-A972-8F510EAC963D.jpeg
    071F785F-28E2-4B51-A972-8F510EAC963D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 963DB311-6CD1-4CA1-9FC0-B509D57DC38E.jpeg
    963DB311-6CD1-4CA1-9FC0-B509D57DC38E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • C3035772-2295-41E3-B5D9-3863A7D48BCF.jpeg
    C3035772-2295-41E3-B5D9-3863A7D48BCF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • E7AEED33-7DEF-4F5F-9331-9D376F865E4F.jpeg
    E7AEED33-7DEF-4F5F-9331-9D376F865E4F.jpeg