• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my first bearded dragon... need help with tank setup

pat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
looks great what you putting inside it and yes when you getting your dragon??
hi lizardlover im getting my dragon when the tank is finished.. what should i put on the floor.. tiles or repti carpet.
sand.. i dont now yet

thanks

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hi lizardlover im getting my dragon when the tank is finished.. what should i put on the floor.. tiles or repti carpet.
sand.. i dont now yet

thanks
Your dog is soo cute Pat, those big brown eyes, I could look at them all day :). As Lizardlover says please dont use sand, it's a really bad idea, I got a girl who lost fingers thru digging sand that much it basically wore them away like sand paper. I would use kitchen roll or news paper just now if you getting a baby - so much easier for cleaning. As also said there are a lot of people who use tile, again make sure it is something they would be able to get a bit of traction on. I personally use porridge oats, if they happen to eat some of it they can easily digest it and it's easy to clean if they poop in the viv, it was recomended to me by a fellow enthusiast & the breader he uses. I have never had any experience of the repti carpet.

keep us posted on how you get on and what you decide to use, hope your dog & BD form a wonderful friendship :D

Latest posts