• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie!

lizzy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone!
My name is Kayla. I am 20 years old and an Early Childhood/ Elementary Education major. I was giving my beardie my senior year in high school by my biology teacher. He was three then which makes him six now. His name is Lizzy. My biology teacher's daughter named him! :) He is the best pet I have ever had. He is so content. I was actually afraid of him in high school at first, but then once I realized he had a personality, I fell in love. I was afraid that he wouldn't get along with my cats, but they get along pretty well. I let Lizzy run around the house when we are home sometimes. That is his favorite. He loves being out of his cage. When he has to be put back, I can tell he gets upset. He is very snuggly too. People never believe that he actually likes to snuggle, but he does! He is the most amazing pet ever!

Jessica

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lizzy sounds awesome. My beardie isn't big enough yet to be allowed out of his cage. On his own, I can't wait till he does get that chance.
His name is Sparta, and is the other love in my life. I have a black cat named Trouble, who thinks she is head of the house hold.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Kayla! Welcome to Bearded Dragon Forum! I hope you can share some photos of Lizzy and his enclosure with us!

lizzy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone!!

Here are some pictures of my beardie!!!

Attachments

• HPIM0124.JPG
    HPIM0124.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM0129.JPG
    HPIM0129.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM0159.JPG
    HPIM0159.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM0156.JPG
    HPIM0156.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 22

LilytheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Kayla, looking at your kitty/beardie pics im pretty jealous! My two cats probably would never snuggle up to my beardie the ways yours does... it looks like pure love lol. Did it take a while for the two to get used to each other? Did you do anything to help them become friends?

Julie

lizzy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Julie,

When I first got Lizzy, my cats were not sure about him. When I would let him run, they would follow him around the house. I knew that if I left them alone together, they would try to hurt him. One day when one of my cats were sleeping, I put Liz by him. My cat woke up, sniffed him, and laid back down. I continued to do this with my cats every once in awhile. Now, my cats think nothing of him. They still sit on his cage and follow him around, but they seem to really like him now!

Latest posts