• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

more concerned hiding

wildoafi3

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have a bearded dragon that i got from a friend last week.. hes about 1 yrs old. now up until last night he has been perfectly fine... window dancing and basking, eating and pooping fine. But last night after i took him out.. i put him back in and he tried getting back out a couple times and when i didnt take him out he went in his hiding spot and hasnt come out. i gave him salad but nothing. i dropped a cricket in his tank to see if he would come out but he waited for the cricket to go into the hide then ate him. i have a 40 gallon breeder tank with a crappy UVB but i have a megaray being shipped. he has two 100w clear bulbs for basking(its the only way to get the heat up to 95-97 and the cool side stays around 80.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
just take him out again as long as this dosent persist for more than a week hes fine or he could be trying to brumate

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hes probabley feral lol....just give him attention,hell come around.

wildoafi3

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well that makes me feel a little better lol. and i dont think its brumation cuz its mid summer. ill try to take him out again. but when i took him out yesterday he seemed pisst

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well hes in an indoor cage though so he cant much tell what the season is but just keep an eye out

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have a bunch of Dragons brumating rite now, How far away are your lights It sounds strange that you need 2 100wat bulbs to create a basking spot of 95-97 in only a 40g breeder my cages are a lot bigger then that and we just use a 60wat and have a basking temp of 100.what type of bulb are you using

wildoafi3

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just got a mega ray 100w(raised a couple inches off the screen to keep him the safe distance away) so im using that now with another clear house hold 100w. still the temps get about 95-98 and 80-85 and the cool side.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
those are pretty good temps but if hes just a little over a year old he probly wants to brumate

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you take a pic of your setup with that much bulb and a 40gal tank I would think the temps would be around 150f

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of temp gauge are you using?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i just got a mega ray 100w(raised a couple inches off the screen to keep him the safe distance away) so im using that now with another clear house hold 100w. still the temps get about 95-98 and 80-85 and the cool side.
except for my stackables i use 40 gal tanks and all mine have 100w mega rays only. no additional bulbs. the extra 100w sounds like too much as Bill stated IMG_0084.JPG

Latest posts