• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Misting vs. Soaking

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Dino likes when I splash the water up on his back , it makes him swim in the plastic container even more so. I get my water right at 97 degrees and try to add warm water as we splash around. The more I use my hands to splash the water the more Dino swims.

spazz

Hatchling Dragon
Well, Max certainly didn't seem to appreciate that. He didn't swim around, or drink, and he threatened me with a bite, but he got soaked.

image.jpg

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
LOL! Dino hasn't ever tried to bite me but now he does let me know when he does not want me handing him anymore insects. He bobs his head at me to say "Hey I am the boss and I say no more" I love it when they bob their heads:D

spazz

Hatchling Dragon
Well,Max got his second soaking today. I have decided to do it on the weekends. He didn't seem as freaked out this time, but he still did like it much. However, he did drink some this time, and he didn't try to bite me. He sat on my hand for a bit too. I think this qualifies as improvement, how 'bout you guys?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie loves to soak in a huge tub. She can swim around in there. Try to wash her off in the bathroom sink and she scurries up my arm. She surely hates the sink. Hmm. Even if it's nice and warm. I have to hold her in my palm.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
It sounds like you're making the same progress I did! After a few weeks Max will start recognizing when a bath is coming and really start looking forward to it!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I try to give a mist/bath on Mondays and then Fridays/Saturdays. At first Jethro hated bath time, used to squirm, and I made sure the water wasn't too hot first. Keep it lukewarm, I need a thermometer though to see if I can get it at basking temps. He actually enjoys bath time now though, he'll just kind of rest there in the warm spot, occasionally lick it, and close his eyes. I keep a close eye on him and never leave him alone. How long do you guys give yours a bath/mist? I try to keep it about 5-10 minutes, but wonder if I should do it longer.

Profane James

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel like a neglectful turd after reading this - gave Terri his first bath! Tried to jump out a few times, but eventually chilled out and closed his eyes & soaked. Clean & Green! Southern boy likes his collards!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361581938.848627.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361581952.161065.jpg

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
LittleMerlin: Let your dragon soak as long as he wants to. :) He'll let you know when he is done! Some days my Reggie will soak for 15 minutes, other days it's like 30 seconds and she's ready to eat!

Latest posts