• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Worley (and me)

Mozzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Chelsey, Worley is adorable. He looks just like my baby Mozzie :]
We are new to this site and new beardie parents as well.
We got our BD from a pet store and all the information they told us about him was incorrect. They told us to only feed him 2-3 crickets a day and he needs much more than that. Our baby is about a month only measuring 5.5'' and he eats at least 50 crickets a day. (we went through 1000 in 10 days)
If you want to use crickets they are much cheaper if you order them online. I think 1000 is about $30 on fluker's online. This can be very costly as I said above that we went through 1000 in 10 days.. We recently discovered there are many alternatives to crickets. Reptiworms are a good replacement as they are much easier to keep but they are much more expensive. We were told one of the cheapest and easiest feeders to keep are dubia roaches. You can start a colony and once you get it going you dont have to buy anymore because they will reproduce. If you interested in starting your own colony there is a lot of useful information at this link http://www.gregsexoticinverts.com/.
If you are dusting them with calcium with vitamin d3 you only need to dust them maybe one feeding two or three times a week.
As far as greens are concerned I have been told that most babies will not eat their greens and it is not important because they rely mostly on feeders for growing.
We have been experimenting with different fruits and veggies and so far Mozzie's favs seem to be watermelon and butternut squash.
When Worley gets older he will need a bigger viv than 10gal, more like 40-50 gal so if you want to save the trouble of relocating him again you can go ahead and get a bigger viv for him now.
I was also told that if you bath him 2-3 times a week for 10-15 min than misting is not neccessary.
We keep a water dish in his viv and put fresh water in it a couple times a day. I have yet to see him use it. I have heard mixed reviews on whether or not this is necessary but it definitely cant hurt.
Hope this information helps you with your new baby. Good luck and Welcome!!! :D

Latest posts