• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lifeless not eating dragon !

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
Since yesterday my beardie hasn't really moved much at all, and a couple days before that he hasn't really ate or pooped at all what should I do??

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402096313.670979.jpg
he's not using any of his legs to stand like he normally would either someone please help

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What do you have for uvb light? Whats your temps at? what were you feeding it? he needs to see a vet. Also he needs to see a vet. Go to the store and get some baby food and syringe feed him. Either squash or something dark green kinda drop a little on his nose and see if he will lick it off. If not you may have to force feed him. If you do dont put a lot in his mouth at one time give him a min to swallow it.

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
What do you have for uvb light? Whats your temps at? what were you feeding it? he needs to see a vet. Also he needs to see a vet. Go to the store and get some baby food and syringe feed him. Either squash or something dark green kinda drop a little on his nose and see if he will lick it off. If not you may have to force feed him. If you do dont put a lot in his mouth at one time give him a min to swallow it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402100812.644974.jpg
this is the set up it came with the tank I'm not sure the name of the bulb, his tanks in the 90s, squeeze it through a syringe on to his nose?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The basking spot should be 105-110° F. The cool side should be 80-85° F. Ya just squeeze out a drop at a time on the tip of his nose if he wont lick it off than you will have to put the syringe in his mouth and just squeeze a tiny bit at a time if he still doesnt swallow it than you may have to rub his neck to get him to swallow. I would mix some calcium and vitamins in with the food. If you can get some reptaid online or maybe a pet store near you has some give that to him aswell. How old is it? Its going to take a lot of work on your part to bring him back he dont look in very good condition. The higher you can get the temps in the tank the better off he will be.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What do you have for a substrate? looks like crushed walnut shells? If it is i would take it out asap and put down paper towel or newspaper.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Are you just using the basking light? If u are using a heat pad by chance don't use both at the same time. Maybe a warm bath keep his head above the water gently rub his belly because if he's impacted it can cause pressure and cause paralysis of there limbs.

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you just using the basking light? If u are using a heat pad by chance don't use both at the same time. Maybe a warm bath keep his head above the water gently rub his belly because if he's impacted it can cause pressure and cause paralysis of there limbs.
Guys he's deadddddd I flipped him over and he's on his back looking really dead idk what I did wrong I did everything I was told to do this is so crazy what do I do with him

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Are you sure? hes not breathing at all not even very shallow breathes? if your positive hes gone you can just bury him if you would like. Otherwise im not sure what you can do with him.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What were you using for substrate? what were the temps? how long have you had him? where did you get him? We need all the info possible to be able to help with what we can to help prevent this from happening again.

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'll jump in here. I'm sorry if he didn't make it. :( Tell us what happened, though, as soon as you can.

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'll jump in here. I'm sorry if he didn't make it. :( Tell us what happened, though, as soon as you can.
Hey yeah so I had him two weeks, I got him from pet smart, he had an injured finger when I got him , like the tip was hanging off but it fell off and started to look clean, his temps were in the 90s, I would give him crickets and lettuce, I would bathe him and spray mist on him with a bottle which he seemed to enjoy, then like two days ago he was barley moving no matter what I did and then when I thought he was dead I flipped him over on his back and he was dead I left him over night to make sure but he's dead, I just hate that if I did something wrong he didn't have to die :(

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry for your loss. I'm still trying to get over the loss of my 3-4 year old baby girl too. It was difficult to see her dead from complications of surgery and yellow fungus disease.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Im sorry to hear about your dragon, thats always very tough to go through. They are fragile when very young, and unfortunately problems can cascade very quickly. Will you be getting a new dragon? If so, we can talk about some ways to improve on your set up and diet so that you dont have to worry about it again.

rybreadd33

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im sorry to hear about your dragon, thats always very tough to go through. They are fragile when very young, and unfortunately problems can cascade very quickly. Will you be getting a new dragon? If so, we can talk about some ways to improve on your set up and diet so that you dont have to worry about it again.
Yes I want to get a new one but I'm very nervous now, I just really want to be sure I just hate feeling like I could've done something differently to help him, I was thinking if I get a new one maybe he should be a few months older? So he's not so small and fragile

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm sorry for your loss. Like Jarich said, they are fragile when they are young and problems can cascade quickly. It's possible there was something wrong with him when he was at the pet store and that's why he was bullied by his tank mates and lost his finger. Don't beat yourself up. I feel with reptiles it's a constant learning experience. Life and death and all the in betweens help us to be better reptile parents. :)