• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

kind of confused.

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok so my mega ray is placed over my dragons basking spot on the left side of his tank. his basking spot is just one of those half circle logs from pet stores.. i wanted to build a ramp along the back wall going from the cool side up to the hot side. now i know the mega ray 100w has to be at least 12 inches away from him when hes basking and it is. but the ramp would be higher then the basking spot but not DIRECTLY under the bulb. would that be ok? just incase he wants to get a little hotter or what ever..

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ya thats ok he will move if he is to hot what is the temps on the basking side and the cool side

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks for the welcome! around 100-105 basking spot and cool side at 85ish

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As long as the temps are safe it shouldn't be a problem & like Bill said above, he will move when he's 2 hot. If the enclosure is set up correctly, your dragon will regulate its own body temp.

Latest posts