• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just had me the scare of the year !

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To be honest, Renee... I had to look it up to figure out which "bee" didn't have a stinger..
But yeah, it's all good now.. Chelsea is back to her annoying self ! lol
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's times like these that their annoying personalities are loved the most. ;D

Ok, I just did a bit of research too. It looks like the male carpenter bee can't do anything. But the female is the one with the venom.
The queen bumblebee and her worker males can sting, but only if their life is threatened. The female workers and drones (hatched late summer) can't sting.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup to all the above !
Glad it's all cleared up... and we all still learned something new !
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
zebraflavencs said:
Renee, Carpenters do have a stinger... Bumblebees don't.

Janie...

Really? Huh. I'm all confused. I thought it was the other way around. I guess I should tell hubby to stop going after them with the T-ball bat. Especially since the other day, when he went for the home run, it died after being stopped by my foot.

Anyway, I'm glad everything worked out.

Renee, I played baseball with carpenter bees for years when I lived in NC and more times than not the ones you see are males. The exterminator told me it was safe to keep playing baseball with them that they could not sting.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I "SAW" that Craiger!!!! :p And all I am going to say is......."Takes one to know one" LOL!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
Renee, I played baseball with carpenter bees for years when I lived in NC and more times than not the ones you see are males. The exterminator told me it was safe to keep playing baseball with them that they could not sting.

Thanks for clarifying...

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
I "SAW" that Craiger!!!! :p And all I am going to say is......."Takes one to know one" LOL!!!

LOL! Thought I might have slipped that one in. :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
No.. we all saw it... Vesta chose to respond ;)
Janie

Doh! I didn't realize there was an issue with my cloaking device. Must work on that.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie,
Just read this post dear,so sorry about Chelsea and glad she is doing ok!! Our babies,human,furry or scaly can
really scare us to pieces.
Hugs,
Sara

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sara ! Where Have You Been ! *stomps foot and everathin'*
Thanks, she is all better and running from tank to tank trying to lick the geckos again...
Now.. You Young Lady... Have been MISSED !
((((SARA)))))
Janie

Latest posts