• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jacket Harness

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I saw one similar on a picture once. Too cute and have been searching for something similar to buy for P but couldnt find anything, so I decided to give it a go and make one for Pogie.

What do you guys think? This is the 1st try, and already have some ideas on how to make it better

SNC00684.jpg

SNC00685.jpg

SNC00686.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love that!

Sorry a bit off topic but I never noticed, Pogie doesn't have side spikes?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
I love that!

no he does just not towards the back end. Dr. evil has this same feature. Its interesting how the tubercules change between dragon to dragon. I see some that look like porcupines on their sides they have so many and I see some (like pogie and dr. evil) that have basically 1 row and it dissipates further down the body.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Magellan has em all the way down and Lizzy was like a porcupine and she had very defined scales all over her body from the crown to the back to the sides. I loved that feature on her.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Magellan has em all the way down and Lizzy was like a porcupine and she had very defined scales all over her body from the crown to the back to the sides. I loved that feature on her.

Yeah there are many variations of scales and spikes out there now. The clutch I hatched out from bella and dr. evil (both have the same side spike disipation and slightly reduced scales) are nearly as smooth as an american smoothie.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome Brian!

Ok back on topic...do you find the cloth catching on the scales at all Monique?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to say that is one of the cutest home made harnesses I have seen. It ranks right up there with the biker jacket one I saw a few years back lol.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

She does, like Brian said. Just probably not that much.... Heres a pic
SNC00541.jpg

I have to say that is one of the cutest home made harnesses I have seen. It ranks right up there with the biker jacket one I saw a few years back lol.
Thanx Brian. Im thinking of making a few (depending on the comments I get here) and having the pet shop where I get my feeders sell them for me ??? IDK will see how it goes

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:

She does, like Brian said. Just probably not that much.... Heres a pic
SNC00541.jpg

Thanx Brian. Im thinking of making a few (depending on the comments I get here) and having the pet shop where I get my feeders sell them for me ??? IDK will see how it goes

heck yeah if they are down for it and you can make a buck or two off of em (cause I know buying the materials and what not aint always cheap as my wife is a hobby knitter/chrocheter(however you spell that) and yarn and fabric and what not gets expensive). If that pet shop will sell em for you do it. And they can be adapted to other reptiles as well being much larger or smaller.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I think I will. :)

I got some more offcuts of the T-Shirt material I used so I dont have to buy anything right now. And if they hit it off I can make by order.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How cute! I'm not much into dressing up my dragon................but that is really cute Monique!
Good job! pscaulkins will really appreciate you. Ask her for the pattern for the Santa Suit!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That looks absolutly amazing !!

Umm... ::)..excuse me...can I order 2 please??

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Melissa, Harley D, Boogiesmom

I would make for all of you with pleasure. Its actually FUN (Cant believe Im saying this about sewing LOL)
You do know I live in SA ???
So will have to find out how to send it over there, costs involved etc..... I think it might be cheaper if you pay the postage from that side and the harness fee. Was thinking of selling them for between R60 and R100 each (SAR) . My Dad sent something to the USA once and it cost something like R80 or R90 ???
Anyways, if you really want Ill make for you will just have to measure your poopers.

LK, Ill definitely get the santa suit pattern from Sandy. I dont like to play dress up with pets either, but they might sell at the pet shop too LOL (*hears cash registers ringing*). The reason behind me starting this was I wanted something secure / comfortable for taking P outside with.

LOL, Yeah Justus85 its handmade

Thanx all for the compliments, appreciated

Then I made 3 samples in 3 sizes with a few tiny changes for display purposes. Here are the pics, maybe those of you brave enough can get the idea from them and start to make your own too.

[size=10pt]TOP VIEW[/size]
SNC00688.jpg

BOTTOM VIEW
SNC00689.jpg

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I absolutely love those, only issue is that rex is growing soo fast I think I may wanna wait a lil bit for his growth to kind of plateau. I definitely want that one on the bottom right and maybe a couple festive harnesses as well.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
buy your tickets to NYC now for the discount. Monique will be there by Christmas with leisurely dress for the scaled friend.

;D ;D ;D

j/k hon
they're cute!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
buy your tickets to NYC now for the discount. Monique will be there by Christmas with leisurely dress for the scaled friend.

Grin Grin Grin

j/k hon
they're cute!

000204AE.gif

Latest posts