• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's about time

Valkyrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have been a lurker for a short while. Sketches came into my life on Jan. 4th this year as a belated Christmas gift from a petstore chain. She has grown astronomically since I got her. (From a mere 5 1/2 inches to now 10 1/8 inches) She won't sit still long enough to get an accurate wieght. It took me almost a month to finally name her. About two weeks after she came home with me, I noticed that she has an odd marking on the top of her head. It could be described as "Hello Kitty" or the Owl from the tootsie pop commerials if anyone remembers those... Since the marking could be described either way, I went through a long list of names. In the mean time my boyfriend and I were calling her Etch a Sketch. Not long after I called him from work and asked if he had time to pick Sketches up some crickets, and it just stuck.

I am new to Bearded Dragons. Since bringing her into my world, she has provided me with endless hours of entertainment, and giggles. Her favorite sleeping position is generally hanging from her basking log by her back legs. If I could get some decent lighting to get a good picture of it I would post it. She glass dances when she sees either of us dusting her crickets, and its an absolute hoot. She has now taken to sitting on her basking log and biting at the cricket bag while they are released. Her diet also consists of mustard, collard, and dandelion greens with the occassional random fruit tossed in for some color. So far her favorite seems to be watermelon.

Without further ado, here's my baby girl:

sketchers-1.jpg

And her "hello kitty/Owl" head marking:

sketch2.jpg

Happy Dancing!

Valkyrs and Sketches

LilytheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello! your beardie is beautiful, I've never seen such markings lol (but then again I am new to this too haha) So you're saying in about 4 months Sketches grew 5 inches? aw I just got mine and she is 4 months old so still very small, I know that they grow fast but I want her to stay little forever lol, although I am looking forward to her growing a bit more so I can take her out for backyard "walks" in the summer :)

Latest posts