• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's a really sad time..

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good idea Jiffy. Maybe GREED is the answer here. Can't help but feel a ticked off at the jerk of a Landlord. What harm would it have done to let them stay? I'd get out as soon as I could. My last Landlord did not like cats. I plain told her we would leave if she even hinted that we had to get rid of the cats. They have your security deposit if anything goes wrong. I'd start looking again before I got rid of my critters. If they are this bad now they will only get worse and you'll end up moving anyway.

I'd check again and see if there was another place to live before I got rid of them. But that's just who I am... :mad:

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Geez. I was really hoping things would go the other way. What a horrible bunch of people.

Just remember that everything happens for a reason and if this is the reason behind giving you a push to be somewhere else, then it is a good thing. Kind of twisted, I know....

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree with you completely Renee. Some times we find out later after something happens that it was a better plan. I'm wishing you a small house in the country somewhere where NO one can threaten to take your animals away again. :)

I'll do my part..you get the paper and start looking...

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Vesta, it's not really the landlords fault - they don't own the building therefore can't make the rules! BUT I do blame the landlords for saying they were okay to have MONTHS AGO, when I got them. It's just not fair! And I'd look for another place, but seeing as I'm jobless, I can't move anywhere yet. :(

I did talk to my mom and her boyfriend about moving because they did say they wanted to move... BUT, sadly, they do not want to live in the city. I love the city, but, I might be willing to sacrifice the city for my beardies. Because I love them so much! I think they're the ones that keep me sane lol. Anyway, my mom might have found a place out of the city. I asked her if they allow pets. AND THEY DON'T! So what's the point of moving out there! :mad: SO, I don't win here. :'( I don't know if I could keep my beardies forever... unless I move out where they allow pets. But not with my mom. I mean, I'm going to be okay that my sister or my friend are willing to keep them in their care till I find a place, but I don't know where I'm going to live. Ya know? I may sound a little confusing at this point, but it's because I'm going insane. It's making me sick. :-X At least here I can vent and all of you guys understand... I love this forum and everyone on it. <3

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWW. Thanks Beardie Love. Let's just see what happens. There's always a chance that place your Mom found won't mind reptiles.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That really stinks. Why do there have to be so many irresponsible pet owners out there that ruin having pets in rentals for the responsible pet owners?

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through....I had to let my 3 dogs go in a similar situation....my heart still hurts just thinking about it, unfortunately at the time we did not have an option....I do feel your pain and you will be in my thoughts.....I really hope you can find a temp home for them in the meantime....because without any question if I lived near by, you would have them a home until you where able to get a place and keep them forever !!

Please take care,

Laurie

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Vesta, I hope so too...

Sandra, I know! People are so selfish that they have to ruin it for other people that ACTUALLY care.

Laurie, thank you for your kind words :)

I hope to soon enough find a place that will allow them. Thank you all for helping me get through this! Wish me luck with writing that letter to the owner, though. :)

And by the way, they are gone now, but are close to home. My sister is actually keeping them, and funny thing is, she lives in the same apartment right above me lol. She doesn't think she'll get caught, and isn't afraid, and that's what makes her a great sister. <3 I will be seeing them every day though, so it'll be easier for me. It will be hard living in my empty room, but I will be okay knowing that they're right above me!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a great sis you have. And having them so close will be nice. Everything will work out. Think positvie! I used to tell my team, positive thoughts get positive results. They would glare at me, but they knew it was true. ;D

Latest posts