• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is thsi supplement okay?

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Sadie is NOT a pro. She tells people to buy the Reptisun 5.0 T5 which emits little to ZERO UVb!! Only the 10.0 T5 is effective. Google or call Reptisun directly or call Carolina custom cages the beeed and sell thousands of Beardies & will give u great knowledge of u need it. We rescue, rehome & deal with reptile vets and breeders. We have seen it all. At the end of the day it’s the beardie who needs the best & proper care!!
Oh yea, ik! I'm not saying that you don't love and care for your animals. I'm not gonna fight anyone on anything when I know they know much more than me. But sadie (atleast that I have seen) has never recommended what u just said that she does. So‍♀️ But once again, you know alot more that me and have been on this platform probably for longer than me, saying that I joined in September. So, I will get that Calcium! Thanks so much for the help! It's very appreciated! I am still very new to all of this!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Hi; the “Sadie” girl tends to give wrong info & a lot of people have messaged me privately with complaints. YES gr8 job on the clear bulb never ever use red or black or coiled bulbs. 48inch for a 55gallon tank is good. But u need a Reptisun 10.0 T5? Not familiar with the Arcadia; it should be light and bright & 10.0 is higher than 5.0 & T5 is brighter/stronger output. Reptisun is the best & most recommended. Call Carolina custom cages and ask them; they breed and a lot of good info. And pleaee make sure he has a hideaway I do a hammock behind the basking spot on the hot side and I place a soft terry cloth over the hammock & under it a soft fleece small blanket so he can go under and hide from the uvb; they need that option to do so cuz they need breaks once in a while from the UVb.
Arcadia is the best UVB on the market and don’t have to be replaced for a year

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
I do have many hide spots, and arcadia/pangea is who i got it from and it had great reviews! Everything has been good since I got it! So I think its okay! But how often should I change the bulbs? I also have the 10.0 t5 so I think that should be fine.
The Arcadia should be replace a year

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Read and call breeders! A UVB light does not stop workign to let I know if it needs replacing, u jist have to replace it or it gives off zero to no uvb even tho it’s on. Trust me on this. A Reptisun T8 need replacing every 6mnths but the T5 which emits brighter and more uvb needs replacing once every 12mnths; I do it every 10. No UVB light can last more than 6mnths to a year. The beardie will be lethargic and not eating due to no uvb and eventually brittle bones/MBD. Google or call Arcadia or please read the box.

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
Hi!
Try to purchase a calcium powder WITH D3, and hold off of the vitamins. I would recommend “Zoo Med Calcium With D3”.

When he seems to act normal again, try a little vitamin supplement daily including the calcium.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi!
Try to purchase a calcium powder WITH D3, and hold off of the vitamins. I would recommend “Zoo Med Calcium With D3”.

When he seems to act normal again, try a little vitamin supplement daily including the calcium.
Landon it’s HERPTIVITE vitamin once a week and REPCAL 3-4 times per week once/day for Beardies.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi! So a couple weeks ago I ran out of calcium and went to get more. They only had this and I thought it was calcium. Turns out when I got home it was vitamins. But it has 19.9% calcium every pound. Is this okay, he is laying a bit weird and im getting worried. Is this a normal way sometimes for them to lay? I will include pics.
This is what You need-Attached are Photos;
Herptivite Vitamin: Once per week on a NonCalcium Day
REpCal: 3-4 Times/week once per day
Pleaee make sure u have a Reptisun 10.0 T5 so they can absorb Vitamin D & breakdown the calcium otherwise brittle bones, inability to walk and eat and eventually death. Without the correct or proper UVB he cannot breakdown the calcium!! Make sure the length of the reptisun you order covers 70percent the length of the tank. Replace it every 12montjs. If you have a 5.0 get the 10.0 asap because the 5.0 emits little to No UVB. I guarantee you that your Beardie is in need of UVB.

Attachments

• 9BF18E0A-9F4D-4947-922E-26C3DA12264F.jpeg
    9BF18E0A-9F4D-4947-922E-26C3DA12264F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What complaints? There are none visible on your profile message wall or in your chat history. Nice try.
Here is a Complaint!! I am trying to help you guys we rescue and rehome and work with vets pelase take the Info to heart and seriously. This site is not user friendly so it’s hard to pull up posts Etc. But here u go....

Attachments

• 91E23C90-B361-42A2-BB32-CDDE7B61A245.png
    91E23C90-B361-42A2-BB32-CDDE7B61A245.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Landon it’s HERPTIVITE vitamin once a week and REPCAL 3-4 times per week once/day for Beardies.
Landon here is what you need:Herptivite vitamin once per week only and the calcium is 3-4 times per week once per day only. U cannot give calcium per every feeding or vitamins everyday that’s toxic & not the norm. Hope this helps and u make the changes sooner than later for the Beardie.

Attachments

• 0E194560-98F5-4588-9892-B29C78AD96A0.jpeg
    0E194560-98F5-4588-9892-B29C78AD96A0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Here is a Complaint!! I am trying to help you guys we rescue and rehome and work with vets pelase take the Info to heart and seriously. This site is not user friendly so it’s hard to pull up posts Etc. But here u go....
Those complaints could just as easily apply to you, but maybe with a couple sentences about spelling and grammar thrown in there. Seriously, get off your high horse and stop starting an unrelated argument in every single thread.

BabyNoodle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! So a couple weeks ago I ran out of calcium and went to get more. They only had this and I thought it was calcium. Turns out when I got home it was vitamins. But it has 19.9% calcium every pound. Is this okay, he is laying a bit weird and im getting worried. Is this a normal way sometimes for them to lay? I will include pics.
I would double check if you have human calcium supplements. That’s probably not sufficient. If he has proper uvb and uva then he’s just laying like that. My baby lays odd to where he curls up and hangs off edges from time to time. If it’s a baby/juvenile I would go get the proper supplements ASAP as it might be a start of mbd depending on how long he’s been without calcium