• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is thsi supplement okay?

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hi! So a couple weeks ago I ran out of calcium and went to get more. They only had this and I thought it was calcium. Turns out when I got home it was vitamins. But it has 19.9% calcium every pound. Is this okay, he is laying a bit weird and im getting worried. Is this a normal way sometimes for them to lay? I will include pics.

Attachments

• 20201208_155244.jpg
    20201208_155244.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20201208_155234.jpg
    20201208_155234.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20201208_155144.jpg
    20201208_155144.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! So a couple weeks ago I ran out of calcium and went to get more. They only had this and I thought it was calcium. Turns out when I got home it was vitamins. But it has 19.9% calcium every pound. Is this okay, he is laying a bit weird and im getting worried. Is this a normal way sometimes for them to lay? I will include pics.
How old is the dragon - if he is still under a year old I would recommend getting another calcium w/ D3 - and depending on the UVB you have like a T 5 bulb at a year old your gonna wanna switch to a calcium w/ out D3 and NO phosphorous --- Rep Cal is good - you will still give the D3 2 times per week and the w / out D3 if your using a T 5 bulb 3 times / week - some are notorious for not eating their salads thats when the vitamins come in -- if they are really good about eating salads you dont need to worry so much about the vitamins if they are naughty and dont eat their salads then you still need to dust the insects w/ those as well -- I have two naughty ones that dont eat the salads very well so I am still dusting bugs so I know they are getting vitamins too

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
How old is the dragon - if he is still under a year old I would recommend getting another calcium w/ D3 - and depending on the UVB you have like a T 5 bulb at a year old your gonna wanna switch to a calcium w/ out D3 and NO phosphorous --- Rep Cal is good - you will still give the D3 2 times per week and the w / out D3 if your using a T 5 bulb 3 times / week - some are notorious for not eating their salads thats when the vitamins come in -- if they are really good about eating salads you dont need to worry so much about the vitamins if they are naughty and dont eat their salads then you still need to dust the insects w/ those as well -- I have two naughty ones that dont eat the salads very well so I am still dusting bugs so I know they are getting vitamins too
Ok, he us six months old, so I will try and go get a calcium with D3 do u think he will be okay for a little longer. I have been using that calcium for about 3 weeks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, he us six months old, so I will try and go get a calcium with D3 do u think he will be okay for a little longer. I have been using that calcium for about 3 weeks.
Those are vitamins- you want calcium D 3- lightly dust his insects once per feeding 5x per week- the vitamins 2x per week once per feeding

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It might be better to just stop offering the multivitamin until you can get calcium powder, he may be receiving toxic levels of some vitamins that can make him very sick.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi order REPCAL that’s the best calcium powder & sprinkle it once per day only/4times per week and HERPTIVITE vitamin one day per week.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How much is that, because I'm a minor without a job so it's kinda hard
It’s like $7 only it’s a white container with blue writing and return the other container u bought. He needs calcium powder and proper uvb to absorb vitamin D & breakdown the calcium to have strong bones. U can always return or exchange open/used and broken powders, lights etc. U can’t have a healthy beardie if u don’t put the money into it. Please tell me u are using a clear zoomed basking bulb for heat Do not use colored bulbs ever. And u need a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB; & the length U order should cover 70 percent of the tank. Order from Carolina custom cages or Amazon asap or your beardie will get MBD and brittle bones and won’t be able to walk or eat. We rescue and rehome so we see a lot of negligence.

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
It’s like $7 only it’s a white container with blue writing and return the other container u bought. He needs calcium powder and proper uvb to absorb vitamin D & breakdown the calcium to have strong bones. U can always return or exchange open/used and broken powders, lights etc. U can’t have a healthy beardie if u don’t put the money into it. Please tell me u are using a clear zoomed basking bulb for heat Do not use colored bulbs ever. And u need a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB; & the length U order should cover 70 percent of the tank. Order from Carolina custom cages or Amazon asap or your beardie will get MBD and brittle bones and won’t be able to walk or eat. We rescue and rehome so we see a lot of negligence.
Ok, so I do have a clear bulb, i got a kit for him and it came with a red bulb but I never put it in! I went and bought a clear one. And I have the Archadia Pro-t5 uvb that Sadie recommended to me. How often should I switch it. Right now the light covers the whole tank but I'm getting like a 55 inch tank so soon it won't. I believe I have a 48 inch bulb rn.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, so I do have a clear bulb, i got a kit for him and it came with a red bulb but I never put it in! I went and bought a clear one. And I have the Archadia Pro-t5 uvb that Sadie recommended to me. How often should I switch it. Right now the light covers the whole tank but I'm getting like a 55 inch tank so soon it won't. I believe I have a 48 inch bulb rn.
Hi; the “Sadie” girl tends to give wrong info & a lot of people have messaged me privately with complaints. YES gr8 job on the clear bulb never ever use red or black or coiled bulbs. 48inch for a 55gallon tank is good. But u need a Reptisun 10.0 T5? Not familiar with the Arcadia; it should be light and bright & 10.0 is higher than 5.0 & T5 is brighter/stronger output. Reptisun is the best & most recommended. Call Carolina custom cages and ask them; they breed and a lot of good info. And pleaee make sure he has a hideaway I do a hammock behind the basking spot on the hot side and I place a soft terry cloth over the hammock & under it a soft fleece small blanket so he can go under and hide from the uvb; they need that option to do so cuz they need breaks once in a while from the UVb.

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hi; the “Sadie” girl tends to give wrong info & a lot of people have messaged me privately with complaints. YES gr8 job on the clear bulb never ever use red or black or coiled bulbs. 48inch for a 55gallon tank is good. But u need a Reptisun 10.0 T5? Not familiar with the Arcadia; it should be light and bright & 10.0 is higher than 5.0 & T5 is brighter/stronger output. Reptisun is the best & most recommended. Call Carolina custom cages and ask them; they breed and a lot of good info. And pleaee make sure he has a hideaway I do a hammock behind the basking spot on the hot side and I place a soft terry cloth over the hammock & under it a soft fleece small blanket so he can go under and hide from the uvb; they need that option to do so cuz they need breaks once in a while from the UVb.
I do have many hide spots, and arcadia/pangea is who i got it from and it had great reviews! Everything has been good since I got it! So I think its okay! But how often should I change the bulbs? I also have the 10.0 t5 so I think that should be fine.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
What complaints? There are none visible on your profile message wall or in your chat history. Nice try.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I do have many hide spots, and arcadia/pangea is who i got it from and it had great reviews! Everything has been good since I got it! So I think its okay! But how often should I change the bulbs? I also have the 10.0 t5 so I think that should be fine.
U need clear heat lamp and a long UVB and that’s it. If u have a 10.0 T5 use it those uVB’s need changing once every 12mnths. If it’s the T8 it’s every 6mnths. Read for Arcadia or call them but for Reptisun 10.0 T5 is every 12mnths, I change it every 10mnyhs to be safe.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats what I was thinking. LOL. Sadie's a pro, she gives me great advice!
Sadie is NOT a pro. She tells people to buy the Reptisun 5.0 T5 which emits little to ZERO UVb!! Only the 10.0 T5 is effective. Google or call Reptisun directly or call Carolina custom cages the beeed and sell thousands of Beardies & will give u great knowledge of u need it. We rescue, rehome & deal with reptile vets and breeders. We have seen it all. At the end of the day it’s the beardie who needs the best & proper care!!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
In my inbox. We rescue and rehome!! So my info is accurate
Any messages sent to your inbox can be viewed by anyone. There are no messages on your feed, though there are plenty on Sadie's feed of you harassing them.
Rescuing and rehoming does not make you automatically in the right. Even experienced people make mistakes or give out wrong info, and people who truly care about their animals will learn from others and are able to take criticism. Instead of constantly denying that you could make a mistake (and being hypocritical), we could all try to give each other some space and learn from each other. That's what we're all here for.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Any messages sent to your inbox can be viewed by anyone. There are no messages on your feed, though there are plenty on Sadie's feed of you harassing them.
Rescuing and rehoming does not make you automatically in the right. Even experienced people make mistakes or give out wrong info, and people who truly care about their animals will learn from others and are able to take criticism. Instead of constantly denying that you could make a mistake (and being hypocritical), we could all try to give each other some space and learn from each other. That's what we're all here for.
This site is not easy/user friendly still trying to get the hang of it. I have experienced all with Beardies; impaction, wrong lighting, Coccidia, URI & MBD. Yes we are working together if I see conflicts I have to address it. I have a lot of knowledge & can only offer accurate and good advice. Ty & GNite