• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is this normal??

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Izzy hasnt eaten much lately and looks a bit skinny from when we first got her...she is about eight weeks and all she seems to be doing lately is sleeping...is this normal??
attached is her picture right now as I just took it to show...

Attachments

• izzychill.jpg
    izzychill.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 20

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have the digital thermometer directly on the UVA basking spot? Do you have a current temp reading? I've noticed my dragons get dark when they're cold... of course, the hatchlings I have seem to go a lot off of humidity, and if they need to be misted or soaked.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Do you have the digital thermometer directly on the UVA basking spot? Do you have a current temp reading? I've noticed my dragons get dark when they're cold... of course, the hatchlings I have seem to go a lot off of humidity, and if they need to be misted or soaked.
the uvb is reading 92. 7... but when I had her heat lamp on it was reading 106.2

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
the uvb is reading 92. 7... but when I had her heat lamp on it was reading 106.2
Are you keeping the basking light on for 10-12 hours/day? That's an okay temp under the heat lamp, I just worry that she's not getting enough time under it.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Are you keeping the basking light on for 10-12 hours/day? That's an okay temp under the heat lamp, I just worry that she's not getting enough time under it.

probably a lil more than that even... but she LOVES her heat lamp so I dont know if it's bad for her to spend an hour extra even under it...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post some pics of your setup, your descriptions are confusing. Daylight hours should be 12-14 hrs a day off for the rest. Should be consistant, On/Off at the same time of the day, everyday, an electronic timer is a really good idea.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Please post some pics of your setup, your descriptions are confusing. Daylight hours should be 12-14 hrs a day off for the rest. Should be consistant, On/Off at the same time of the day, everyday, an electronic timer is a really good idea.
I have posted pics of my setup in my intro post...I put her basking light on for about 13 hours and put her uvb on on the overnight...should I not be doing this??

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I have posted pics of my setup in my intro post...I put her basking light on for about 13 hours and put her uvb on on the overnight...should I not be doing this??
If you want her to sleep well, you need to have them on in the same side of the tank at the same time. Did you upgrade your tank? It was a 10 in your intro if I remember right.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
... we had the conversation on Monday, and you agreed to turn on the UVB during the day with the other one because it would bother the dragon at night, and you were advised that the UVB should be on the same side of the tank as the basking light. 13 hours is fine.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We went through this on your intro, you cannot provide the proper heat gradient in a 10 gal enclosure, it is just too small. We also went through that both lights should be on during the day, nothing at night. Poor thing doesn't know night or day. Did you get a a UVB light. The one in the intro is not a UVB light.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The wattage isn't important, and UVB bulbs are expensive, but UVA lights can be as well. We're not trying to attack you at all, we're simply trying to help you and your adorable little beardie. Can you tell me the type of bulb you bought? And the UVB strength, not the wattage. The UVB rating would be something like 10.0 or 5.0 or something like that, a 10.0 being what you need for your Izzy. I'm really glad you're going to upgrade your tank this weekend, Izzy needs it!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
50W is the wattage of an incandescent bulb, a fluorescent compact 10 would be 15 - 25W or there abouts. I've been trying to post pics of the proper bulbs but am getting nothing but errors that the post is too long :confused:

Latest posts