• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is Spike in brumation?

Pat B

Super Moderator
Here is a picture of 'Sleeping Beauty'....hahahaha.....Spike is now going into his fourth month of sleeping. Here is a picture....

Attachments

• 2.6.2013.jpg
    2.6.2013.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 45

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL. I wonder if he's dreaming of a superworm feast and cricket feast when he wakes up...:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! I hope so. :D Allie never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes I wonder if she's from a different planet...:)

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gah, Jethro scared me yesterday. he didn't want to get up. He got up today and had about five superworms. But he was still tired so I put his lights back off and put in his blanket. I think he is in brumation but don't k ow. I know you aren't supposed to move them when they get this sleepy. But what f they want food? And what about their soaks?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think it is a little late for your beardie to go into brumation. It usually happens in the fall before winter sets in. Spike was only about 10 months when he decided to go to sleep last October which is unusual. It might that Jethro is just tired. I would keep your light schedule....12 on/12 off. Spike never ate for almost 4 months and I never misted him or soaked him. I just let him do his thing. Finally, I woke him up and not too sure that was the right thing to do. He isn't eating well and only pooped/peed once in about 10 days and likes to sleep. So....tomorrow, Monday, I am going to let him do his own thing and see what he does. If he continues to sleep for a couple of day then I will turn his lights back off and let him go back to sleep. It is sort of scary because I want to do the right thing. I have always said that beardies know what is best for them....not us. Got that from Germ!!:D Good luck and keep us posted!

Pat B

Super Moderator
I am pretty sure that Spike has gone back into brumation. He stayed 'awake' for about 10 days because basically I 'forced' him too. He stayed on his hammock all day yesterday and didn't move at all, no eating, no pooping, no nothing. Today, Tuesday, I am going to see what he does. If he doesn't move today then I will turn his lights back off and wait to see what he does. What a weird little dragon he is. He definitely is the Alpha in our 'relationship' because he always gets what he wants! :rolleyes:

Latest posts