• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my temperatures and humidity alright?

Braxton619

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone I got a juvenile bearded dragon a few days ago. It is in the summer and it gets around 103-110 everyday. I live in the south so it has high temperatures and humidity. I have my dragon on the 2nd floor in my house. Here is the stats:

Size of tank: 29 gallon (will upgrade in future)

SIDE 1 = Not side with basking light.
SIDE 2 = Basking light side

Daytime:

Coolest:
Side 1: 28 C (83 F)
Side 2: 36.67 C (98 F)

Hottest:
Side 1: 33.8 C (93 F)
Side 2: 38.8 C (102 F)

Nighttime:

Side 1: 26.1 C (79 F)
Side 2: 25 C (77 F)

Average Humidity: 35-40%

Do you think the hottest stat on daytime is too high? Being in the summer it is hard to keep temps down. If they are too high, what do you recommend putting on top of the cage to cool Side 1 down? I am usually at school/work and do not keep the central air low.

Is the humidity too high? I never mist it. It just keeps 35-40% mostly. Will I have to purchase a dehumidifier?

Thanks everyone!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
put his light on a timer and have it shut off at the hottest time.

Braxton619

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
put his light on a timer and have it shut off at the hottest time.

Alright my lamp does not have that feature. Could I plug the lamp into a power adapter timer like the ones you see during Christmas? Also I turn the basking light about 6AM to 6PM. I get up to go to school about that time. If you turn it off during the hottest time of the day couldn't be be bad that he couldn't bask? I thought they needed 12 hours.

Thanks for your help.
New Dragon Owner

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
your going to have too figure out how to get him a cool spot does he have a cave on his cool side?

Braxton619

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes he has a cave on the cool spot. He also has a mini pond bowl thing which he drinks from and sometimes get in. That is in the middle.

Latest posts