• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my baby blind?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yea haha, it's a little long to read and it doesn't apply to this thread but so much.

Hope your dragon gets better, maybe it had depression from being with the other lizards for however long
Guess she's been craving so many proteins because she's gravid. Could be the moment she recovered from brumation she happened to be shacked up with the male temporarily while my other female was recovering from double clutching... Oh, my. Glad I got that housing situation corrected. This is going to be a stressful and hopefully gratifying experience.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Comparing the human condition to the reptilian condition is not always the best of plans ... ;) Just saying.
Yea, which is why I said it was on humans. But hey genetics are the same on a basic level, doubt it works much like lizards as it does with humans.

Maybe i'll breed dragons and test out what genes can be passed on and such haha

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Oh no...I am too much of a newbie to know, but I really hope she is not blind..I will pray for both of you.
Most certainly I would get a different vet....I did research online before I found mine...she specializes in reptiles from her schooling and years of experience with reptiles. I made sure she sees them on a regular basis and not just once in a blue moon. We are here in Austin Texas so I know that is not much help to you...but you can research and call and ask the questions about their experience.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no...I am too much of a newbie to know, but I really hope she is not blind..I will pray for both of you.
Most certainly I would get a different vet....I did research online before I found mine...she specializes in reptiles from her schooling and years of experience with reptiles. I made sure she sees them on a regular basis and not just once in a blue moon. We are here in Austin Texas so I know that is not much help to you...but you can research and call and ask the questions about their experience.
I think I was overly worried. I didn't have to hand feed her before brumation and was unaware they didn't do so well with it. She flinched at the flash when I took her picture, that should have told me something, now that I think back on it I remember but I didn't even notice then. Thank you for your concern!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The vet I took Cleo to today informed me that he thinks Cleo is blind, but she can still see light. He said her eyes look sunken and weird and asked me if I had noticed any abnormal behavior, I hadn't even brought it up as a possibility because I had convinced myself that she wasn't because she could see the flash of a camera. He advised me I may be hand feeding her permanently. Also got some Critical care, carnivore care, and stuff to stimulate her digestive system to reactivate or something.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is unfortunate to hear. I wonder how they would test that? :(
? And the vet didn't seem so anxious to test the theory, said the only way you could really tell was to pay attention to behavior, which I was already questioning. She kinda feels and tastes her way, didn't respond to the male's head bobbing when they were temporarily housed together... which she always did before she went into brumation. Dunno.

Latest posts