• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my baby blind?

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i would be shocked if bloodwork was not more than a referral she wanted to collect i see no need for bloodwork

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Gold band itself is quite normal. I have periodically had similar issues as far as seeming to have difficulty seeing the feeder when hand feeding. I have always attributed it to distance & blind spots.

DemonEye2120x86.jpg

DemonArrow084600x450.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In the original post, that was her concern. She thought that was 'Strange'.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
im not so much worried about the band at all but the pupil shouldent have a cloud over it
I just double checked, that misting in the pupil was a distortion in the picture. The striking gold band I made sure was not exaggerated when I took the pic, but I didn't notice the pupil's color was distorted. Must have had a glint of a reflection in it. The shape, everything else is on par. I was so worried about the gold band showing accurately that I wasn't making sure the black in the pupil looked right.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What I do see is the whole pic clouded by the closeness of the flash which is quite possibly giving the same effect on the eye. Aleena is the only one that can tell if it is clouded & did not mention anything, the vet did not see anything abnormal, her question was about the Gold ring, which is normal. I'm not going to argue with you about it.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just double checked, that misting in the pupil was a distortion in the picture. The striking gold band I made sure was not exaggerated when I took the pic, but I didn't notice the pupil's color was distorted. Must have had a glint of a reflection in it. The shape, everything else is on par. I was so worried about the gold band showing accurately that I wasn't making sure the black in the pupil looked right.
if the gold band was what you were worried about your perfectly fine shes just a clutz

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What I do see is the whole pic clouded by the closeness of the flash which is quite possibly giving the same effect on the eye. Aleena is the only one that can tell if it is clouded & did not mention anything, the vet did not see anything abnormal, her question was about the Gold ring, which is normal. I'm not going to argue with you about it.
I set the camera that close because otherwise you couldn't tell what I was talking about. I kept adjusting the distance but apparently didn't manage to keep all the flash out.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The Gold band itself is quite normal. I have periodically had similar issues as far as seeming to have difficulty seeing the feeder when hand feeding. I have always attributed it to distance & blind spots.
Wish I could get her to eat out of the dish again then :). Makes for awkward feeding.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Heh, I absorb thousands of random things a day, facts are kinda my obsession so I speed them around where I can. Can't believe I remembered heterochromia.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Heh, I absorb thousands of random things a day, facts are kinda my obsession so I speed them around where I can. Can't believe I remembered heterochromia.
Probably from Xmen :D. Was an interesting read, and maybe something similar happens with the dragons, but that affects only one eye, and with the dragon it is both eyes.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No it can effect both eyes in humans according to the wiki link. It's all dependent on your genes

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I believe it said it can effect one or both eyes, depends on a lot of things.
I believe you, I'm just not going to read through the whole thing again to find the part that I missed lol

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I believe you, I'm just not going to read through the whole thing again to find the part that I missed lol
Yea haha, it's a little long to read and it doesn't apply to this thread but so much.

Hope your dragon gets better, maybe it had depression from being with the other lizards for however long

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Comparing the human condition to the reptilian condition is not always the best of plans ... ;) Just saying.

Latest posts