• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is he sick?

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie Louie has not ate the past two days and he seems to be very sleepy, he will get up and move around a little bit every once in a while but not very far and not very often. He showed no interest in the crix I tried to give him, he fell asleep on them actually

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I would get a stool check at your Vet. Dino acted like this and had pinworms, Coccidia and Giardia, yes all at one time. Crappy breeders!

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
I ask because one of my babies goes right off food and tries to sleep his way through a shed I literally have to play in the viv with him to make him move he just gets very grumpy when it's time for new clothes :)

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
When any animal is moved to a new surrounding that is usually when an illness will show up due to stress. It also could be that he is fixing to go through a shed. How does his stool look?

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
I'm sorry khaleesi I just saw your posts! Louie is about 3 weeks old, I believe he may be starting a shed because his color has gotten very palette past few days. Is he going through a difficult shed? My other beardie, Gordon, usually sheds very quickly and easily so this is what I'm used to seeing

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
My girl can do a full head to toe shed in less than 3 hours but my boy drags it out he doesn't like it at all. Louie is still getting used to being with you and shed on top he is likely to be quite cranky I wouldn't worry too much just let him be he'll come round. If your worried you should, as it's been mentioned, have him checked, but in my opinion it's likely to not be anything medical just all the change and a shed :)

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you for the help, that's a huge relief :) I'll be sure to keep you updated on Louie, he just needs to accept his shed!

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
Why thank you :) but I'm starting to believe its something more than a shed. He can't even stay awake when I handle him anymore ):

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
My boy Dino is plum lazy but eats good now since he has gotten over his parasites. If your boy stops eating then there is a need for concern. Some Beardies are more lazy than others. My Yuki is not lazy and is hyper even though he is 3yrs old and eats like there is no tomorrow, they are like day and night.

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Ry I wouldn't be worried about him sleeping honestly if his poop looks normal he probably just needs some time to adjust if your really worried a trip to the vet is your best option but I would wait he needs about a fortnight to settle in and shedding too takes time and energy :)

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you for the support :) I'm still fairly new to this and for some reason I don't trust my beardies to care completely for themselves, I'm sure it will wear off with experience

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi: I have a young beardie; and she usually has a little nap after eating in the afternoon and falls asleep about 7-pm every night.Right now they are all going threw not eating all that well-well at least not to my expectations maybe to their's; Hope this helps you a little and the baby is in a shed and they sometimes won't eat when in shed. The middle dragon i have is in a awful shed and has been for a few weeks and just now is not eating well-she is going for a good long bath tonight and she hate baths but like it or not she's getting one.Good luck with your baby-river-7-HI; Khaleesi; Glad your babies are well.

Latest posts