• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

interesting situation

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
so my friend has a year old beardie who is actually the size of a month or few month old beardie. she went through a move and it stopped his growth for quite awhile. apparently he's grown about an inch in the past few months. do you think he'll ever get to full size if i take him in and feed him like i would a baby? he seems to have the same appetite as a baby. she was going to sell him to a girl who knows nothing about taking care of this little guy and i figured if i had the chance, i would try and get him healthy.
IMG00089-20110311-1054.jpg

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At his size he should be eating more bugs then greens .I have seen small Dragons that just don’t seem to grow very fast and never get as big as my others.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has she had him for a year or was she told it was a year old

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
no she's had him for a year. she hatched him a year ago. i know she doesn't feed them every day, but probly once a week or more she gives them 50 crix a piece

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try Dubia instead of crickets also throw in some super worms. Does he get fresh Greens

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Kinda off topic but yknow, I've heard that Dubia are much easier to produce, keep, and feed than crickets.
Keep us updated on this little guy's condition. Hopefully you can fatten him up!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes Dubia are very easy and much better.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Crystal, where are you located? Perhaps someone else on the forum here could take him in?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im sure some one will take him. Post a advertisement for him on this forum

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well, mom changed her mind. i just have to find a tank for him and then i can bring him home and work on fattening him up and he can work on growing. back to feeding a baby twice a day lol. haven't done that in awhile :-p

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he's now in the house with us and he's eaten 3 wax worms and a cricket that was too large for him. i would have given him more crix but they're way too big. i'm stopping by our reptile shop tomorrow and getting a crap load of crix lol. he apparently has been shedding recently so let's hope he's ready to get big! will keep you updated as we go along. wish us luck!

Latest posts