• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

impacted baby

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i think i have a impacted baby. Its on a bare bottom tank not sure why it would get impacted but i can feel a lump in its belly and it hasnt really been eating. Whats treatment methods are out there im soaking him right now in warm water

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he ate them good till a few days ago. and now he doesnt seem to touch them much

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
we have used a few drops of olive oil and worm soaks

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sent you some hornworms feed him them

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im soaking now and do light bellly massage. Im thinking perhaps i may have cut a chunk of squash to big and it got stuck. Ill work on the soak and massage for awhile then try Olive oil

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was also reading online babyfood prunes what are your thoughts on that. if i cant get him to poo tonight its off to the vet tomarrow

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
we have used babyfood for sick dragons

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
100_0829.jpg

This is the little guy thats impacted. We took her to the vet yesterday but not alot of the help there. Unfortunatly there is only one halfass herp vet in town. They did give her a enema and sent us home and told us to continue doing warm bath, prunes, olive oil,and belly massage. It doese eat its prunes so i hope thats a good sign. No stool this morning i hope it lets loose soon. Shes running around and acting normal just not eating her crickets or salad.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well good news she just passed the blockage guess persistence pays off, shes chasing crickets again im so relieved.