• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need advice :P ~ Roaches or Crickets

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
What you are saying may be true of wild caught roaches as far as carrying unwanted germs & such. CB roaches are as clean or cleaner than any common feeder. Living in a warmer, 'tropical' type climate does pose an infestation risk, but Dubia & Discoids cannot climb smooth surfaces, so are very easy to keep contained. Your concerns may be relative to you, but not to everyone. Sounds more of a 'Personal Phobia'. ;) If they are not for you, use a different feeder, it is that simple.
I know I am not exactly fond of roaches. they do sorta frighten me. :(:(:(

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
LOL...maybe you're right. It may be that I have a "creep-out" factor working here too. I think I'll just stick with the crickets and worms for now though. I have things get away from me at times but crickets don't seem to bother me if a couple escape. I actually LIKE the sounds of crickets chirping. It reminds me of the old Indiana farm nights of long ago.
crickets chirping can sometimes be annoying. But, They are a warning system.:p If there is danger around, they don't chirp!

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
I would go with crickets just for the simple fact that they are easier to purchase/find. They also offer more nurtirents for your bearded dragon, and health is one of the most important things when owning a bearded dragon.
agreed.

Latest posts