• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need advice. (not eating)

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Picky little thing -- ok are you putting the BSFL on her salad - even if shes eating a little of the salad that is good - she is young and her main diet is the protein - did you get the UVB situated? Is she active pooping and basking? Make sure you crickets are good a gut loaded w/ food and hydrating cubes dew etc so she is getting hydration - dragons get most of the hydration from the salads and if shes eating a little that is good - are her poops formed dark and moist the urate formed moist and white? that is how you tell shes hydrated
They’re usually dark and moist but this morning, it was some what grainy like? I sprinkle the bugs on greens, but she wont eat it. I had two live plants in her tank. When I cleaned her tank, I noticed she nibbled on the bamboo and succulent. My crickets are canned…should I get live crickets? I’m worried they may be loud. The uvb is set inside the tank. I give her daily baths, but the past three days, I was not able to

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They’re usually dark and moist but this morning, it was some what grainy like? I sprinkle the bugs on greens, but she wont eat it. I had two live plants in her tank. When I cleaned her tank, I noticed she nibbled on the bamboo and succulent. My crickets are canned…should I get live crickets? I’m worried they may be loud. The uvb is set inside the tank. I give her daily baths, but the past three days, I was not able to
Ok no more baths -- you only need to bath her once a week or so you dont want to dry her scales out and shes young and its probably stressing her out too much and will cause the appetite to be off
the canned crickets I would stop and feed live fresh ones the chirping will come from male adults so she should not be eating adult crickets they are going to be too big you want crickets no bigger than the space between the eyes as far as plants in the tank and what she can and cannot eat I am going to post the nutrition site and scroll to the bottom of that page and look and see if you have some in the tank that she can and cannot have I am not real familiar w/ the plant thing http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
do you have a piece of decor directly under the UVB 12-15 inches ?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok no more baths -- you only need to bath her once a week or so you dont want to dry her scales out and shes young and its probably stressing her out too much and will cause the appetite to be off
the canned crickets I would stop and feed live fresh ones the chirping will come from male adults so she should not be eating adult crickets they are going to be too big you want crickets no bigger than the space between the eyes as far as plants in the tank and what she can and cannot eat I am going to post the nutrition site and scroll to the bottom of that page and look and see if you have some in the tank that she can and cannot have I am not real familiar w/ the plant thing http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
do you have a piece of decor directly under the UVB 12-15 inches ?
her previous owner recommended bathing her daily bc she won’t eat greens and bc she’s a baby. But my beardie sometimes soak in her water bowl on her own.
I have a hammock and rock under the uvb. It’s 9-10 inches under….

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
her previous owner recommended bathing her daily bc she won’t eat greens and bc she’s a baby. But my beardie sometimes soak in her water bowl on her own.
I have a hammock and rock under the uvb. It’s 9-10 inches under….
Ok too many baths will dry her scales out dragons do not need baths real often - 9-10 inches for a T 5 is too close the rays are too strong raise it 3 inches please is she sitting under the uvb if so for how long?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok too many baths will dry her scales out dragons do not need baths real often - 9-10 inches for a T 5 is too close the rays are too strong raise it 3 inches please is she sitting under the uvb if so for how long?
I’m not too quite sure. She would move around. I would estimate to around 8-9 hours

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m not too quite sure. She would move around. I would estimate to around 8-9 hours
Ok please get your uvb raised 3 inches then please watch her behavior the uvb basking and see if her appetite increases- it is normal for them to not eat the greens that's why we are trying to lure her to the bowl- get some live crickets pull the back legs off so they can't jump put them in the salad bowl - she should be eating at least 20 of them dubias are easier to work w/ but sometimes we have dragons that prefer crickets over them

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok please get your uvb raised 3 inches then please watch her behavior the uvb basking and see if her appetite increases- it is normal for them to not eat the greens that's why we are trying to lure her to the bowl- get some live crickets pull the back legs off so they can't jump put them in the salad bowl - she should be eating at least 20 of them dubias are easier to work w/ but sometimes we have dragons that prefer crickets over them
Thank you ‍