• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need advice. (not eating)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She basks most of the day. She does gap
Ok that's good and she's active too- well let's get a actual surface basking temp and go from there-- temps at night should be 65-75 ambient temps- you only need the che if your temps are falling below 65- you also need a digital probe hygrometer- I can post link for that too - and help you place it for the tank

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok that's good and she's active too- well let's get a actual surface basking temp and go from there-- temps at night should be 65-75 ambient temps- you only need the che if your temps are falling below 65- you also need a digital probe hygrometer- I can post link for that too - and help you place it for the tank
Thank you! I just ordered the one you recommended. I’ll update you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Use this stuff its like a Velcro strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture --- hang it from the bars on the screen inside the tank-I posted the distance for you in my earlier post get a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Use this stuff its like a Velcro strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture --- hang it from the bars on the screen inside the tank-I posted the distance for you in my earlier post get a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches
Will do! Update: she only ate 2 crickets and one meal worm today. But this is her poop from this morning.

Attachments

• 8006AF84-401F-4A6A-919B-2C48CD507F1C.jpeg
    8006AF84-401F-4A6A-919B-2C48CD507F1C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Well it looks ok -- what are you feeding her?
Dandelion green, cucumber, zucchini,mustard green, dried cricket, live cricket/mealworm/dubia bugs. I would sprinkle calcium powder over it. Since having her, she has only ate one meal worm, two live crickets and two mustard green.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dandelion green, cucumber, zucchini,mustard green, dried cricket, live cricket/mealworm/dubia bugs. I would sprinkle calcium powder over it. Since having her, she has only ate one meal worm, two live crickets and two mustard green.
Ok no more cucumber its mainly water -- no more meal worms too much risk for impaction -- calciumD3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - here is website for nutrition ignore the kale thing it a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
how long have you had her? Shes going thru relocation stress atleast shes eating something once the UVB is correctly in placed and basking temps are correct she should start eating more

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok no more cucumber its mainly water -- no more meal worms too much risk for impaction -- calciumD3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - here is website for nutrition ignore the kale thing it a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
how long have you had her? Shes going thru relocation stress atleast shes eating something once the UVB is correctly in placed and basking temps are correct she should start eating more
I had her only for 3-4 days.
So I only coat her food with calcium ONCE a day for 5X a week?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had her only for 3-4 days.
So I only coat her food with calcium ONCE a day for 5X a week?
Yes calcium d 3-- the insects not the salads- she's gonna eat those insects before the salads- and the vitamins 2 x per week - as I posted

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Yes calcium d 3-- the insects not the salads- she's gonna eat those insects before the salads- and the vitamins 2 x per week - as I posted
Update:
The thermometers came in. the basking side is 97-101 F, while the cooling side is 78-80 F.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update:
The thermometers came in. the basking side is 97-101 F, while the cooling side is 78-80 F.
Ok for a baby they should be 105- 110-- is she sitting under the hotter part? how is the appetite going? Did you get the uvb hung? Has she been basking under it?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok temps are good- how is the appetite going? Did you get the uvb hung? Has she been basking under it?
I didn’t get the uvb hung, I’ve been having it sit over my wired mesh. She has been basking. She’s beginning to eat more meal worms, however not much greens or veggies. I asked her previous owner and she said even my beardie’s mom is like that.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn’t get the uvb hung, I’ve been having it sit over my wired mesh. She has been basking. She’s beginning to eat more meal worms, however not much greens or veggies. I asked her previous owner and she said even my beardie’s mom is like that.
Please get the uvb in the tank- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- how old is the dragon? Is she a baby?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, she is 2 months. I will definitely get the uvb set up inside the tank!
Ok so did I post websites for other feeders for you? No more mealworms- she can get impacted because of the exoskeleton- it is too harsh on babies stomachs and intestines- I will or can post some good staple feeders for you to lure her to the salad bowl - but you need to move that uvb-- everyday she is not getting enough uvb and this will cause mbd

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so did I post websites for other feeders for you? No more mealworms- she can get impacted because of the exoskeleton- it is too harsh on babies stomachs and intestines- I will or can post some good staple feeders for you to lure her to the salad bowl - but you need to move that uvb-- everyday she is not getting enough uvb and this will cause mbd
Will do! And no you didn’t post sites for other feeders

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will do! And no you didn’t post sites for other feeders
Ok so order some bsfl order medium do not dust them hand feed some to her then add them to the tops of salads in front of her feed as many as you want they are a good compliment to your main staple feeder+ they are called nutri grubs on this site www.dubiaroaches.com also order some roaches they are a better staple than crickets the roaches need to be dusted 5 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding- she should be eating small roaches feed as many as she will eat after you feed her salads and the nutri grubs- I would get a 10 gallon aquarium order 200 roaches along w/ dubia food and dubia dew- feed those roaches at nite so they are good and gut loaded for the morning feed- your dragon should be eating a little salad her main diet is protein I will get a nutrition website posted for you - she will eat approx 10-15 roaches I am guessing depending on how many grubs she eats and you feed- but she should be a eating machine for her age