• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love smoking!

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Phil uses applewood and cherrywood when he smokes ham or jerky. OMG, my husband thinks he needs to make jerky weekly...

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
So if I send you all some venison.. i can have jerky ?
Janie

Sure but not sure you would get all your venison back. lol Venison jerky is the best. ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In that case... I'll just keep the meat I have.. Oh well... it was an idea though !
Janie

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craig....you are always smoking!!
smokin.gif

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ooooh ! I saw that ! Ohhh ! lol
Janie
lemme guess.. you lost your locks and found yourself a bit ... freer ? ;)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd say save me some.. but I can always beg your recipe and do it myself..
Do I need a smoker if I did ?
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys....sorry I didn't respond earlier. Another rough weekend. Wasn't online at all that I can remember. Didn't get to smoke anything, either. I mowed Saturday and was hurting too bad afterward to do anything else. Was still planning to smoke the turkey, though, 'til Mom and Dad invited us over for BBQ. Since we'd not been over in a bit, thought it was only right. Plus....Dad makes some really good BBQ. Also had fresh green beens and sweet corn on the cob. Was a great meal!

I'll be smokin' it, soon, though.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm hoping you use a rider Craiger. BBQ is ALWAYS a GOOD thing. How is your Mom doing these days. I remember a while back she had some problems!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
I'm hoping you use a rider Craiger. BBQ is ALWAYS a GOOD thing. How is your Mom doing these days. I remember a while back she had some problems!!

No, can't use a rider. It's too rough on me. I use a rear self-propelled. Makes it easier for me to turn corners. I take lots of breaks, though.

Mom? Hmm....seems fine other than the usual issues. But we won't get into those. LOL! I don't remember mentioning anything about her. But then, I don't have a real good memory, either.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! Finally got around to smoking a turkey breast yesterday for Mother's Day. All I can say is, "It tastes AWESOME!". We put it in brine for 7 hours, pat dried it, then put it in the fridge uncovered for another 10 hours. The brine was a cranberry/apple mixed with brown sugar, white sugar, white pepper and salt. Amazing flavor! And the smokiness....wow! Smoked it at about 300-325 degrees F for 2-1/2 to 3 hours....using applewood packets (applewood chips wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil). The weather couldn't have been better, either.

Had my parents and Bev's parents over for supper last night and the turkey turned out to be a big hit. I'm pretty happy knowing it's not only my first time smoking a turkey, but the first time brining anything. I told Bev that, if the brining method worked, I'd be brining everything I put on the gril from now on. Looks like I'll be getting VERY used to the brining method. I even want to come up with a bit of my own recipe.

Oh....slapped some dry rub inside the cavity and put a wet rub under and over the skin. The color turned out very nice! And juicy! Oh my gosh....brining is definitely the secret of chefs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great.... and i missed it.. Oh well... glad that turned out so well for everyone, Craig.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Tucks bottom lip out looks down at the ground with a noise of hmph and kicking a stone, darn I missed it! :-\