• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love smoking!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Turkeys, that is. Smoking one this Saturday.

Figured Tom would appreciate this. :D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes... I imagine he would.. now.. down south.. Frying that turkey is one of the Man things ... Give me the bar b any time.
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Lol! You got me.

Good....that was the intent.

What time will it be ready?
[/quote]

Hmm...figuring I'll be smoking it for 3 to 5 hours, I'd say suppertime (which is around 5:00pm Central for us). You swingin' by?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Oh yes... I imagine he would.. now.. down south.. Frying that turkey is one of the Man things ... Give me the bar b any time.
Janie

I desperately want to try some fried turkey sometime. I've been told it's very juicy!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
yummm!!! that reminds me, im goin to a big pig roast sat..*drools*

I'm droolin' right there with ya. :D

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
zebraflavencs said:
Janie

I desperately want to try some fried turkey sometime. I've been told it's very juicy!
Deep fried turkey is the best thing I have EVER tasted in my life. Hands Down.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
Hmm...figuring I'll be smoking it for 3 to 5 hours, I'd say suppertime (which is around 5:00pm Central for us). You swingin' by?

Hmmm...that may be tough. We have another commtiment. Let me check and see what I can swing.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
Craiger said:
zebraflavencs said:
Janie

Deep fried turkey is the best thing I have EVER tasted in my life. Hands Down.

AMEN to that!!! Just don't burn the house down!! lol

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Craiger said:

Hmmm...that may be tough. We have another commtiment. Let me check and see what I can swing.

There will be plenty to go around.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
B-I-L, I think stand for Brother in law.

I believe smokin any kind of meet is a man thing. Phil smokes everything he can get his hands on.

Would love to try deep fried turkey, only thing is I want to keep my house. ;) I believe it would not be standing if my husband got a propane deep fryer. :(

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pscaulkins said:
B-I-L, I think stand for Brother in law.

I believe smokin any kind of meet is a man thing. Phil smokes everything he can get his hands on.

Would love to try deep fried turkey, only thing is I want to keep my house. ;) I believe it would not be standing if my husband got a propane deep fryer. :(

LOL! I hear in New York you can actually get it at a restaurant....at least, that's what I saw on Food Network (one of my favorite channels). :D

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice Craig,
What wood are you using??
If you can get it try applewood.

On sunday Im smoking a brisket. I already made a chipolte BBQ sauce to go with it.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TheWolfmanTom said:
Nice Craig,
What wood are you using??
If you can get it try applewood.

That's what I'm using! ;)

On sunday Im smoking a brisket. I already made a chipolte BBQ sauce to go with it.

Sounds awesome! Especially right now. I'm rather hungry. :D

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
B-I-L = brother in law,sorry about that just my shortened version.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hah, I saw that episode Craig, and deep fried turkey truly is the single best way to cook a bird. Fastest, crispiest, juiciest, most flavor. Then again...I have never had smoked turkey.

I smoke meat quite a bit, I smoke chicken halves all the time with sugar maple, also italian sausage. SO good.

Latest posts