• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I know I sound crazy

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
He has two little like old bite wounds on the very tip of his tail. He just finished shedding maybe 48 hrs ago. The vet said as he grows the shed will most likely get caught in those old bite wounds and we will need to nip the last 7 millimeters off. His tail has never been this dark. It wasn't this dark yesterday at vet. After a bath and bask he is back to his friendly self and even did a happy stomp when I cameView attachment 30653 to pick him up just now. Just with a dark tail
I'm no reptile expert but usually when you have to cut some of the tail off is when they have tail rot or a bad problem with the tail as long as the tail sheds good then I don't see tail rot in his future no as far as the tail now after young bearded dragons shed there color becomes vibrant for awhile then dulls. And they change colors over each shed. As long as the lights are good and there eating and running around I wouldn't be to concerned but if your still concerned I would definitely contact a vet to see if he has a issue or not. Oh and before I forget bearded dragons shed in patches so maybe part of his shed and not the rest. Other then that I would say your beardie looks good.

Attachments

• 20211105_185733.jpg
    20211105_185733.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

Chris45

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am such a sensitive Sally I am going to cry every time he puffs at me. Lol. I know I know. I can't help it. I just want him to love me as much as his lizard heart can .
Just talk to him when he puffs up my female does it i use bk of my finger talking to her n run my finger under her chin she calms & i cuddle her

ReptileMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Personally, I would wait to switch enclosures until he has a clean bill of health because you don’t want to stress him more, but that’s just my .02

Anarchy88

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am just so upset I took my new bearded dragon that I've had for about 2 weeks to the vet today. Just to establish care and give him a once over. Apparently he has coccidia ( I had no idea he has firm poo and it's not crazy smelly) he also has a mild upper ri (also no clue, no visible signs, no such or wheeze or click). So he got meds to take home. The vet cooked over his weight and color and how healthy he was otherwise. He was super polite and didn't black beard anyone. I brought him home and haven't handled him since ten this morning. I figured I'd give him a break. It's now six an hour before bedtime, his usual cuddle time and he hissed at me for the first time and puffed up. I cried and told him I was sorry for this morning. Now I'm scared when I give him meds each day after this he is going to not like me more and more. He is my Lil man my buddy boy it really hurts that he is so upset he's been so friendly and easygoing. He also has a new massive viv coming in Tuesday. He is currently in a 20gal (I know it was temp till this came) his new one is 8'long and 3' deep. It will also be in a different room. So to summarize vet, daily meds, then new massive enclosure in a new room. Is he going to HATE me forever. I can't handle that. View attachment 30610View attachment 30611View attachment 30612View attachment 30613
Hi Kristenk,
My beardie had coccidia, giardia, and pinworms and I was soooo upset too. I keep her tank super clean from the first day I got her. My vet informed me that she was probably living in unsanitary conditions before I purchased her. She was prescribed two medications and after finishing them her fecal test was normal. She did fidget a little whenever it was time to take her medicine but eventually she got used to it. She is perfectly healthy now. When she goes to the vet she doesn't puff up or black beard them but I think what really bothers her is the vet office is freezing lol. Once I hold her and she warms up, she is back to her regular cuddly energetic self. So don't worry he might be upset for a little while but just make sure you finish the medicine and give him lots of treats and cuddles! He is going to feel way better and be back to his handsome polite self in no time.

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
Y'all I have a problem with his new enclosure. The inside of the tank is essentially a mirror.
PXL_20211110_142335554.MP.jpg
FB_IMG_1636562057560.jpg

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am just so upset I took my new bearded dragon that I've had for about 2 weeks to the vet today. Just to establish care and give him a once over. Apparently he has coccidia ( I had no idea he has firm poo and it's not crazy smelly) he also has a mild upper ri (also no clue, no visible signs, no such or wheeze or click). So he got meds to take home. The vet cooked over his weight and color and how healthy he was otherwise. He was super polite and didn't black beard anyone. I brought him home and haven't handled him since ten this morning. I figured I'd give him a break. It's now six an hour before bedtime, his usual cuddle time and he hissed at me for the first time and puffed up. I cried and told him I was sorry for this morning. Now I'm scared when I give him meds each day after this he is going to not like me more and more. He is my Lil man my buddy boy it really hurts that he is so upset he's been so friendly and easygoing. He also has a new massive viv coming in Tuesday. He is currently in a 20gal (I know it was temp till this came) his new one is 8'long and 3' deep. It will also be in a different room. So to summarize vet, daily meds, then new massive enclosure in a new room. Is he going to HATE me forever. I can't handle that. View attachment 30610View attachment 30611View attachment 30612View attachment 30613
Hi Coccidia is very very deadly & is exactly like Lice. An Upper respiratory infection is deadly & need to finish the antibiotics. As far as the Upper Resp infection; stop the baths till he is healed, never ever leave food or water in the tank overnight & the humidity should never ever be above 40. Get a digital hygrometer & place it on the basking side an inch below the top. Humidity should be between 30-40 never higher and lastly when u bathe him do not get watwr in his ears & make sure the water level is at the top of his hind legs so he doesn’t aspirate & breathe the water in. U can splash some on his back carefully & slowly. As far as Coccidia remove the poop instantly, u need a o keep the cage super duper clean, they get Coccidia from unsanitary cages & licking or ingesting the poop; Petsmart & petco are notorious for keeping the cages dirty with multiple beardies; use white teeny cloth towels so u can remove and sanitize as soon as he poops. There is a safe spray that y can spray on the area where he pooped it’s called chlorohexadine and u put some with water in a sprayer bottle and it’s safe, order it Thru Carolina cages on Amazon. Also Carpet substrate cannot be kept sanitary and sand they ingest, so use white teeny cloth towels biy a bag from Home Depot. U need to burn everything in his tank in boiling hot water; all his food plates, throw out the hammock & get a new one & burn the basking platform wtc and use a teeny bit of ammonia and hot water to sanitize the tank then wipe 100 times and put hot water in tank to remove the ammonia make sure the dragon is not around to smell it and let it air out. U need to burn anyting he laid on sheets, pillows etc and get your entire house carpet cleaned basically anything he has touched or walked on and leave him I. The cage till u go back 30 days later to retest His stool for Coccidia. Wash and burn all your shirts and clothes he has touched or laid on like I said it’s just like lice. Google it and get cracking it’s very tuff but u can do it. Also don’t touch other animals it’s very contagious so keep him in his tank till it’s cleared up but constantly sanitize and keep it very very clean.

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Coccidia is very very deadly & is exactly like Lice. An Upper respiratory infection is deadly & need to finish the antibiotics. As far as the Upper Resp infection; stop the baths till he is healed, never ever leave food or water in the tank overnight & the humidity should never ever be above 40. Get a digital hygrometer & place it on the basking side an inch below the top. Humidity should be between 30-40 never higher and lastly when u bathe him do not get watwr in his ears & make sure the water level is at the top of his hind legs so he doesn’t aspirate & breathe the water in. U can splash some on his back carefully & slowly. As far as Coccidia remove the poop instantly, u need a o keep the cage super duper clean, they get Coccidia from unsanitary cages & licking or ingesting the poop; Petsmart & petco are notorious for keeping the cages dirty with multiple beardies; use white teeny cloth towels so u can remove and sanitize as soon as he poops. There is a safe spray that y can spray on the area where he pooped it’s called chlorohexadine and u put some with water in a sprayer bottle and it’s safe, order it Thru Carolina cages on Amazon. Also Carpet substrate cannot be kept sanitary and sand they ingest, so use white teeny cloth towels biy a bag from Home Depot. U need to burn everything in his tank in boiling hot water; all his food plates, throw out the hammock & get a new one & burn the basking platform wtc and use a teeny bit of ammonia and hot water to sanitize the tank then wipe 100 times and put hot water in tank to remove the ammonia make sure the dragon is not around to smell it and let it air out. U need to burn anyting he laid on sheets, pillows etc and get your entire house carpet cleaned basically anything he has touched or walked on and leave him I. The cage till u go back 30 days later to retest His stool for Coccidia. Wash and burn all your shirts and clothes he has touched or laid on like I said it’s just like lice. Google it and get cracking it’s very tuff but u can do it. Also don’t touch other animals it’s very contagious so keep him in his tank till it’s cleared up but constantly sanitize and keep it very very clean.
The new large wood enclosure I just got at 24 hours ago It's not his current tank he is currently in a very small glass tank with paper towel substrate that is changed twice a day.

ReptileMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Coccidia is very very deadly & is exactly like Lice. An Upper respiratory infection is deadly & need to finish the antibiotics. As far as the Upper Resp infection; stop the baths till he is healed, never ever leave food or water in the tank overnight & the humidity should never ever be above 40. Get a digital hygrometer & place it on the basking side an inch below the top. Humidity should be between 30-40 never higher and lastly when u bathe him do not get watwr in his ears & make sure the water level is at the top of his hind legs so he doesn’t aspirate & breathe the water in. U can splash some on his back carefully & slowly. As far as Coccidia remove the poop instantly, u need a o keep the cage super duper clean, they get Coccidia from unsanitary cages & licking or ingesting the poop; Petsmart & petco are notorious for keeping the cages dirty with multiple beardies; use white teeny cloth towels so u can remove and sanitize as soon as he poops. There is a safe spray that y can spray on the area where he pooped it’s called chlorohexadine and u put some with water in a sprayer bottle and it’s safe, order it Thru Carolina cages on Amazon. Also Carpet substrate cannot be kept sanitary and sand they ingest, so use white teeny cloth towels biy a bag from Home Depot. U need to burn everything in his tank in boiling hot water; all his food plates, throw out the hammock & get a new one & burn the basking platform wtc and use a teeny bit of ammonia and hot water to sanitize the tank then wipe 100 times and put hot water in tank to remove the ammonia make sure the dragon is not around to smell it and let it air out. U need to burn anyting he laid on sheets, pillows etc and get your entire house carpet cleaned basically anything he has touched or walked on and leave him I. The cage till u go back 30 days later to retest His stool for Coccidia. Wash and burn all your shirts and clothes he has touched or laid on like I said it’s just like lice. Google it and get cracking it’s very tuff but u can do it. Also don’t touch other animals it’s very contagious so keep him in his tank till it’s cleared up but constantly sanitize and keep it very very I used to use reptile carpet but found these heat resistant liners on Etsy that are crazy easy to wipe clean,
Just a tip - I found these liners on Etsy for reptile enclosures (UVB and heat resistant) - they’re way better than carpet and are extremely easy to wipe clean, love them!

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
You can measure the sides and order tank backgrounds on Amazon, they have some good ones. Until they arrive, maybe just put up some newspaper on the sides?
It's wood on three out of the four sides but the open fourth side he can still see his reflection in

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's wood on three out of the four sides but the open fourth side he can still see his reflection in
Never ever cover the 4th side of the tank; they will freak out, get angry and learn to despise you. They cannot be trapped like a jail cell without an open area to look out of. Only cover 3 areas with background wallpaper. Also turn the TV on for the Beardie they love to watch things that’s their entertainment. Soft/Mellow shows like friends, I love Raymond, cartoons, etc. No violence or hard core movies.