• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I know I sound crazy

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
I am just so upset I took my new bearded dragon that I've had for about 2 weeks to the vet today. Just to establish care and give him a once over. Apparently he has coccidia ( I had no idea he has firm poo and it's not crazy smelly) he also has a mild upper ri (also no clue, no visible signs, no such or wheeze or click). So he got meds to take home. The vet cooked over his weight and color and how healthy he was otherwise. He was super polite and didn't black beard anyone. I brought him home and haven't handled him since ten this morning. I figured I'd give him a break. It's now six an hour before bedtime, his usual cuddle time and he hissed at me for the first time and puffed up. I cried and told him I was sorry for this morning. Now I'm scared when I give him meds each day after this he is going to not like me more and more. He is my Lil man my buddy boy it really hurts that he is so upset he's been so friendly and easygoing. He also has a new massive viv coming in Tuesday. He is currently in a 20gal (I know it was temp till this came) his new one is 8'long and 3' deep. It will also be in a different room. So to summarize vet, daily meds, then new massive enclosure in a new room. Is he going to HATE me forever. I can't handle that.
PXL_20211030_214059069.MP.jpg
PXL_20211024_135811703.MP.jpg
PXL_20211026_172144903.MP.jpg
PXL_20211029_191051448.MP.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am just so upset I took my new bearded dragon that I've had for about 2 weeks to the vet today. Just to establish care and give him a once over. Apparently he has coccidia ( I had no idea he has firm poo and it's not crazy smelly) he also has a mild upper ri (also no clue, no visible signs, no such or wheeze or click). So he got meds to take home. The vet cooked over his weight and color and how healthy he was otherwise. He was super polite and didn't black beard anyone. I brought him home and haven't handled him since ten this morning. I figured I'd give him a break. It's now six an hour before bedtime, his usual cuddle time and he hissed at me for the first time and puffed up. I cried and told him I was sorry for this morning. Now I'm scared when I give him meds each day after this he is going to not like me more and more. He is my Lil man my buddy boy it really hurts that he is so upset he's been so friendly and easygoing. He also has a new massive viv coming in Tuesday. He is currently in a 20gal (I know it was temp till this came) his new one is 8'long and 3' deep. It will also be in a different room. So to summarize vet, daily meds, then new massive enclosure in a new room. Is he going to HATE me forever. I can't handle that. View attachment 30610View attachment 30611View attachment 30612View attachment 30613
Please get a copy of the fecal- have them email it to you I would like to have another vet tech look at the results- what did they put him on and dosage- RI did they do a x-ray to determine a RI- what did they put him on and dosage-- if he was showing no signs of parasites it may have been a very low count but I would like Tracie to look at them- he looks very good -- make sure your uvb is a good one long tube fixture properly placed in the tank and distance -- a good bright white basking bulb w/ temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- let him regroup he's probably upset w/ his vet visit

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
I am just so upset I took my new bearded dragon that I've had for about 2 weeks to the vet today. Just to establish care and give him a once over. Apparently he has coccidia ( I had no idea he has firm poo and it's not crazy smelly) he also has a mild upper ri (also no clue, no visible signs, no such or wheeze or click). So he got meds to take home. The vet cooked over his weight and color and how healthy he was otherwise. He was super polite and didn't black beard anyone. I brought him home and haven't handled him since ten this morning. I figured I'd give him a break. It's now six an hour before bedtime, his usual cuddle time and he hissed at me for the first time and puffed up. I cried and told him I was sorry for this morning. Now I'm scared when I give him meds each day after this he is going to not like me more and more. He is my Lil man my buddy boy it really hurts that he is so upset he's been so friendly and easygoing. He also has a new massive viv coming in Tuesday. He is currently in a 20gal (I know it was temp till this came) his new one is 8'long and 3' deep. It will also be in a different room. So to summarize vet, daily meds, then new massive enclosure in a new room. Is he going to HATE me forever. I can't handle that. View attachment 30610View attachment 30611View attachment 30612View attachment 30613
I wouldn't worry so much about your baby not liking you I took mine to the vet several months ago and he was angry threw the medication and alittle past that he even ran after my fingers to bite them but after the medication it took alittle while and he went back to his loving self

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
I wouldn't worry so much about your baby not liking you I took mine to the vet several months ago and he was angry threw the medication and alittle past that he even ran after my fingers to bite them but after the medication it took alittle while and he went back to his loving self

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
Please get a copy of the fecal- have them email it to you I would like to have another vet tech look at the results- what did they put him on and dosage- RI did they do a x-ray to determine a RI- what did they put him on and dosage-- if he was showing no signs of parasites it may have been a very low count but I would like Tracie to look at them- he looks very good -- make sure your uvb is a good one long tube fixture properly placed in the tank and distance -- a good bright white basking bulb w/ temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- let him regroup he's probably upset w/ his vet visit
We have tube UVB . Not coil. She said riddled with coccidia but I will request test results. No x-ray. She says he was breathing a little hard and sneezed. He has always breathed deeply I thought but I've never heard him sneeze. I will look tomorrow at meds. Ty

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
I am such a sensitive Sally I am going to cry every time he puffs at me. Lol. I know I know. I can't help it. I just want him to love me as much as his lizard heart can .

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
has he gone outside much? Probably just the shock of the vets did this, id get the new enclosure set up and slowly put him into it, maybe let him play in it for an hour or two then back to his enclosure to sleep at night, this may help reduce his stress, does he get handfed? Thats the quickest way to their hearts, ive hand fed my beardy since she was a baby and shes super sweet, he’ll turn around! They all go through moods eventually…

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
has he gone outside much? Probably just the shock of the vets did this, id get the new enclosure set up and slowly put him into it, maybe let him play in it for an hour or two then back to his enclosure to sleep at night, this may help reduce his stress, does he get handfed? Thats the quickest way to their hearts, ive hand fed my beardy since she was a baby and shes super sweet, he’ll turn around! They all go through moods eventually…
He's never been outside It's really cold here in the southern states. To be honest I do not hand feed I am real squeamish of my insects I tong feed or put all the insect in a bowl and put the bowl down

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
I like the idea of letting him play in his new enclosure that might be his new playpen until he starts to get used to it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I understand about the bug thing, those little roaches cant hurt you tho, the super worms and hornworms can bite though, you’ll gain so much of his trust if u hand feed him, maybe try wearing gloves if you dont want the bugs on your skin, but you really should try to overcome ur bug phobia, maybe get some “nice bugs” to feed him like some “pill bugs”(rollie pollies) or mealworms, these cant bite or hurt you what so ever, they move slow , there’s also “bug balls” you can get, its a clear plastic ball u put bugs in, and he has to roll it around to get them out it, it may teach him ur his food give, i think he’s playing you tbh, when he puffs and hisses next time time see try to take a picture or a short video, it may even be something to do with you, a colored shirt, your hair, etc. i know my tokay gecko hates my sister for some reason, she dyes her hair jet black , and im thinking hes seeing all kinds of colors, you gotta remember all he sees when he looks up is a blinding light, a “claw hand” and probably ur hair moving around, is ur new enclosure front opening?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And wheres his enclosure set up currently? If he’s scared, he might be getting to much stimulation and is already tense, and u coming in to wrangle him just adds to it

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
His new one is open front it will be here Tuesday. His current is over the top and in my room. I have a busy house no matter where he is. I didn't know I could feed rolly Polly's. As a treat. His current fave treat is wax worms. He will go bananas for a waxworms.

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
His new one is open front it will be here Tuesday. His current is over the top and in my room. I have a busy house no matter where he is. I didn't know I could feed rolly Polly's. As a treat. His current fave treat is wax worms. He will go bananas for a waxworms.
I know with my babe o gave him some meal worms as a treat or you can hand feed him some greens anything positive to him should turn that attitude around I had a male vet take care of my beardie and he hated men for awhile lol

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
I don't think he likes this medication today he is very lethargic and the tip of his tail has gone dark. He's on .03 of Batryl and .08 of albon. His poop was also slimy for the first time this morning. He ate some crickets.... I know crickets are bad they're what caused the coccidia but I cannot get my hands on dubia for the next few days. He also ate two superworms. He won't touch his greens though which is not like him normally he likes his collared greens and squash. He hasn't basked all day he just stays perched on his favorite rock which is technically under his basking stick.
PXL_20211105_160348525.MP.jpg

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
I don't think he likes this medication today he is very lethargic and the tip of his tail has gone dark. He's on .03 of Batryl and .08 of albon. His poop was also slimy for the first time this morning. He ate some crickets.... I know crickets are bad they're what caused the coccidia but I cannot get my hands on dubia for the next few days. He also ate two superworms. He won't touch his greens though which is not like him normally he likes his collared greens and squash. He hasn't basked all day he just stays perched on his favorite rock which is technically under his basking stick. View attachment 30623
Oh no poor baby has he gotten any better today?

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
That was early this morning I gave him a bath at around 2:00 and he perked up a little bit. The last two inches of his tail are still rather dark though and It wasn't like that yesterday

lionthebeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardies can get a little defensive sometimes, but it doesn’t mean yours will be like that forever. he’s not going to be on those meds for the rest of his life, and i promise he will forget all about that soon. i had to give mine medicine every couple of days and he was pretty grumpy with me for a bit, but now he likes me just fine.

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
That was early this morning I gave him a bath at around 2:00 and he perked up a little bit. The last two inches of his tail are still rather dark though and It wasn't like that yesterday
Can you show a picture of the tail by chance?

Kristenk

Hatchling Dragon
He has two little like old bite wounds on the very tip of his tail. He just finished shedding maybe 48 hrs ago. The vet said as he grows the shed will most likely get caught in those old bite wounds and we will need to nip the last 7 millimeters off. His tail has never been this dark. It wasn't this dark yesterday at vet. After a bath and bask he is back to his friendly self and even did a happy stomp when I came
PXL_20211105_230941201.NIGHT.jpg
to pick him up just now. Just with a dark tail