• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i cant get my temps above 90 degrees??

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was only getting my temps up to 82, then I went out and bought a 100 watt heat bulb and a new uv bulb ( its the 10 bulb, but its the one that goes in a deep dome fixture.....what am I doing wrong? My babies tank is only 12 inches deep, I placed my thermometer half way down. At night I put in an Infared 60 watt bulb, and the temp is right around 80 degrees.. both of these lights sit right on top of the screen, eventually I will get light stands!
What should I do?, or is everything fine with the temps?
Thanks sooo much
Oh he basks( well really he is there all day and night) on a tree type of thing, where the top of it is only about 4 inches from the top...but the light isent right above that spot, the light is prob, 6 inches above where he could lay..

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is the temp rite under the light I us a 60watt light bulb and get a basking temp of 100

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok maybe that's what I'm doing wrong, I'm going by tank temp, I will check right under where he basks...aha I see, maybe I'm stressing for no reason..thanks

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With that size enclosure & a 100 watt bulb your temps should be higher. Like Bill, I use smaller watt bulbs & my temps are around 100. Try picking up a digital thermometer, many problems with analog being inaccurate.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ZooMed makes an affordable device that ranges from 15-20 but any digital outdoor thermometer will work. Check Amazon.com

Latest posts