• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CarbonFiberSwan

Hatchling Dragon
Interesting info about the kale. Thank you for the info!

I will be building the enclosure ASAP. I don’t have a Facebook account and have no intention of ever having it again, so I don’t have access to FB marketplace. I have been searching on Craigslist and have found nothing in my area that I can afford.

Toothless got a lot more active yesterday when I offered him crickets. I guess he was just not into the roaches and wax worms ‍♂️
I put a “shrug” emoji, and it posted as the male symbol. In case any one wonders what the heck the male symbol is for, lol!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t like the crickets because they die too fast, and they can bite back. The roaches live a lot longer and are easier to breed, so I hope he will go for them again.
You can get roaches on line --- they are cheaper along w/ your worms etc ---
where are you getting them now ?

CarbonFiberSwan

Hatchling Dragon
You can get roaches on line --- they are cheaper along w/ your worms etc ---
where are you getting them now ?
I order the roaches from dubiaroaches.com. I have about 100 of them right now in their own little habitat.

the crickets I get from my local pet store in emergencies (if I’m out of bugs, or if he won’t eat what I have).

PS, just caught him eating a little leaf! Baby steps.

Attachments

• 99A58AF8-FF8D-4BDD-996F-1EB53D2AEDFC.jpeg
    99A58AF8-FF8D-4BDD-996F-1EB53D2AEDFC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I order the roaches from dubiaroaches.com. I have about 100 of them right now in their own little habitat.

the crickets I get from my local pet store in emergencies (if I’m out of bugs, or if he won’t eat what I have).

PS, just caught him eating a little leaf! Baby steps.
Ok good place for roaches --- I just got a order last week from them for roaches and also horn worms --

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
DO NOT STARVE HIM FOR ONE DAY! Baby bearded dragons need a lot of energy and at that age they can die of starvation after 3 days of no food so one day is a lot for them. Do not worry abo the veggies right now. My Starbucks wouldn’t touch veggies until he was 7 months old. When they are this young the need protein to make up 80% or more of their diet because they spend so much time growing. In 1 year they have to grow to be 200x their size. That is a lot of growing and they need protein to have enough energy to do that. If you’re beardie isn’t eating veggies he will learn to do so one day I suggest at around 6-7 months to reintroduce veggies to him. Some babies love veggies and others don’t, it’s not the end of the world and both diets are heathy for them. My Starbucks would demolish up to 60 crickets a day sometimes he’d find a way to eat 80 during his growth spirts. Because of this diet though I find that it’s easier for them to get dehydrated so just give him a bath every other day. It will keep him hydrated and also promote bowel movements. Hope I was able to help
What would you say is the least amount of crickets in a day for a baby

Photoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
In the first week, he would take red cabbage and kale from me, but I read that I’m not supposed to feed those to him due to them being calcium binders. So I started putting collard greens, bell pepper, baby arugula, and various berries in his food dish and he has completely stopped eating veggies. Now he won’t even take the red cabbage when it’s offered. He will eat bugs, but I don’t know how to get him interested in the veggies again. I’ve tried provoking him into eating them by moving them around in front of him, but he just runs from me when I do that.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I dust the bugs with calcium and vitamins, and gut load them with veggies, but I need Toothless to recognize greens as food.
He's young, mine just barely started eating her greens and she's a year and 5 months. She went through a 2 month brumation and woke up a new lizard. Very active and hungry. I would say this is probably normal, although stressful to us, for a young dragon. You will find that it gives beardies great pleasure to stress us out. Keep offering, one day he'll surprise you.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Since crickets are smaller and less nutritious than dubia's you would have to feed more. Or at least thats what my pet store says. I was feeding my baby about 60 dubias a day so i would say feed you baby about 70 crickets if he is stil 2-6 months i think

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Like if your beardie eats veggies I say at least 15 crickets 3 times a day. Mine didn’t at all so he would eat upwards of 20-30 crickets 3 times a day. Let’s just say I have no clue where his tiny body would put it

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Another thing I can suggest. And I did this carefully and made sure he pooped daily. But sometimes I would get him crickets a little on the bigger side. Literally just a touch and put no more than 5 crickets in there at a time with a good minute break in between feedings. He definitely ate less crickets because they were bigger but I was still extremely carefully so he wouldn’t get impacted

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Another thing I can suggest. And I did this carefully and made sure he pooped daily. But sometimes I would get him crickets a little on the bigger side. Literally just a touch and put no more than 5 crickets in there at a time with a good minute break in between feedings. He definitely ate less crickets because they were bigger but I was still extremely carefully so he wouldn’t get impacted
he does poop Daily. And he has also been basking normlay thank you for the advice

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Have you ever tried the Repashy mixes for bearded dragons? It's like a powder that you mix with boiling water, and then you wait for it to set & become a paste/gel. Mine doesn't absolutely love it but I hear that in general beardies go nuts for it. Having some of that in the salad might tempt him! But looks like he's well on his way! (Good for backup/emergency supply as well, since with winter storms I know we can run out of bugs/produce easily.)

CarbonFiberSwan

Hatchling Dragon
Have you ever tried the Repashy mixes for bearded dragons? It's like a powder that you mix with boiling water, and then you wait for it to set & become a paste/gel. Mine doesn't absolutely love it but I hear that in general beardies go nuts for it. Having some of that in the salad might tempt him! But looks like he's well on his way! (Good for backup/emergency supply as well, since with winter storms I know we can run out of bugs/produce easily.)
Yeah, these crazy winter storms we are getting in Texas is preventing me from restocking bugs. I’ve got enough Dubias to last, but for some reason he refuses to eat them. I’m stumped on that one, cause he tore them up the first time I got them. I still have wax worms, and he will eat those. It will have to do until I can get some more crickets.

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
They're finicky little friends, aren't they? Sometimes mine won't eat unless I hold the bugs out on the feeding tongs, and move them around a little bit for her to "chase." Hope you all stay safe with the storm. Sounds like Toothless is well taken care of.

Latest posts