• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity!

Pyro

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm at a loss and feel like I've tried everything. My berdies enclosure has been at 60% and higher humidity since it's gotten hot! I switched substrate, removed water dish, added rice bags, water packs, a dehumidifier, even turned the ac higher then normal. His enclosure has a screen top, I've covered and uncovered it. I put a fan facing down into enclosure on low it quickly went up 10% I've since turned it blowing out and it still isnt budging! Btw hes not a big fan of the fan. What am I missing? What else can I do? I have 3 gages one is a high quality one. I have the gages in 3 differant locations in varying heights. Hot side seems to have higher humidity. What side should I put the fan on? I do NOT mist him! He is away from windows and the humidity outside is always 80% and higher. I dont have this issue in the winter and never did with my older berdie in the same location, differant tank. Please HELP

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm at a loss and feel like I've tried everything. My berdies enclosure has been at 60% and higher humidity since it's gotten hot! I switched substrate, removed water dish, added rice bags, water packs, a dehumidifier, even turned the ac higher then normal. His enclosure has a screen top, I've covered and uncovered it. I put a fan facing down into enclosure on low it quickly went up 10% I've since turned it blowing out and it still isnt budging! Btw hes not a big fan of the fan. What am I missing? What else can I do? I have 3 gages one is a high quality one. I have the gages in 3 differant locations in varying heights. Hot side seems to have higher humidity. What side should I put the fan on? I do NOT mist him! He is away from windows and the humidity outside is always 80% and higher. I dont have this issue in the winter and never did with my older berdie in the same location, differant tank. Please HELP
I have been having the same problem. I have tried using a smaller water bowl and Everything else. And it’s not working. I’m with you. WE NEED HELP

Pyro

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been having the same problem. I have tried using a smaller water bowl and Everything else. And it’s not working. I’m with you. WE NEED HELP

I have a screentop enclosure. I ended up blocking of the hot side and putting a small fan blowing out on the cool side! This has dramatically lowered the humidity during the day. We still struggle during the night when his bulb goes off. It quickly goes back to norm as soon as the lamp turns on. I plan on trying to put his ceramic bulb on during the night and see if this works.

StinkyLizrd

Bearded Dragon Egg

In this forum I discuss some possible pointers to help with humidity. Your goal is to reach +-40% but sometimes it can be difficult. Personally, 50% is the HIGHEST you want it to be. My Beardie of Years has been doing great with her humidity being 45%

Latest posts