• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity too high

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a question about the humidity... I haven’t been spraying him yet because he is only 2 weeks old and I haven’t touched him yet and I don’t have a spray bottle yet. The humidity is 51 right now. The highest it’s suppose to be is 40. Any ideas on how to lower it? Can I use a smaller bowl for his water?

StinkyLizrd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your best bet is a Dehumidifier. I have a Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifier and it keeps mine from 32%-55%. Make sure you have enough airflow inside the tank and as well as remove any water bowl since that adds more humidity. Also try not to mist them as you’re basically misting the whole enclosure. You’re better off giving them a bath since it’s better for them. (I feed my Beardie with a syringe. I drop the water on her nose). You can also keep your fan on to circulate the air around your room and enclosure. I’d only start to get worried if my Beardie acts differently than usual but you’re doing just fine :)