• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity for bearded dragons?

CastielTheBeardy

Hatchling Dragon
Your good- anywhere from 30% - 60% which is high but no higher than 70%-- my tanks run around 45% during the day
I think my concern is at night time with the “petco gauge” it went up so ill have to check tonight. Other than that my temps are good and i have the 24” uvb fixture from zoo med coming on the 10th, the one i linked and you saw

CastielTheBeardy

Hatchling Dragon
Your good- anywhere from 30% - 60% which is high but no higher than 70%-- my tanks run around 45% during the day
image.jpg

That is the 18” fixture and how its set up its right above the driftwood

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So is the right percentage of humidity for bearded dragons 20%-40%??? Is 50% okay?? I bought a thermometer and humidity gauge and ever since then the humidity stays at 50 and thermometer is almost 100 degrees for his basking. I have a water dish should i take it out to help lower it? I just want him to have enough water while im gone at work, only veggies i have atm is kale, i gave him apples but he didn’t eat any they were bite size with no skin on them. He loves mealworms and wax worms. Im concerned
Hi; we reacue and rehome. How old is the dragon under 9mnths should be eating lots of proteins and veggies; 60 plus crickets/Dubias per day 3-4 times a day. As adults u can feed 25 crickets/day or 10 supers split into 2feedimgs and always 2plates of fresh greens/veggies twice a day. The Humidity should be 30-40 never ever any higher. It can be a bit lower than 30 but never higher than 40. Please buy a digital hygrometer & digital thermometer they are the only accurate ones. Also, stop feeding meal & wax worms; they are cheap feeders, horrible and it impacts them and destroys there digestive system. Feed Dubia roaches, crickets and u can do super worms if he’s over a year old. Greens & veggies: the everyday ones are Mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, endives, butternut squash, yellow squash, green beans & snap peas. Cut up into sizes he can eat amd small water bowl on the cold side and veggeis on the cold side so they don’t get wilted. Also a clear basking bulb for heat the zoomed clear basking is $12 it’s the best and he needs Uvb; Reptisun 10.0 T5 the length shoidl cover 70 percent of the tank. Also sprinkle repeal calcium powder once per day 3-4 times a week on his greens or proteins. Hit def slowly veer away from kale tos not the best and Beardies need more than that. The ones I listed are the beat and everyday ones. If he doesn’t have proper uvb or heat he can’t digest food, or can’t have an appetite to want to eat, can’t absorb vitamin D or breakdown calcium and will eventually have MBD/brittle bones and be near death. The uvb long tubular bulb needs replacing every 6mnths also., most don’t know that or don’t give the dragon proper uvb till it’s tok late and they r on their death bed. If u have sand substrate remove it ASAP use paper towels or white terry cloths. GLuck

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So is the right percentage of humidity for bearded dragons 20%-40%??? Is 50% okay?? I bought a thermometer and humidity gauge and ever since then the humidity stays at 50 and thermometer is almost 100 degrees for his basking. I have a water dish should i take it out to help lower it? I just want him to have enough water while im gone at work, only veggies i have atm is kale, i gave him apples but he didn’t eat any they were bite size with no skin on them. He loves mealworms and wax worms. Im concerned
Olace the humidity gauge in the hot side 2inches below the top of the cage and next to his basking spot. DONOT listen to Sadie she gives wrong directions!! I have had lots of perio message me privately upset and asking questions.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 24497
That is the 18” fixture and how its set up its right above the driftwood
Humidity should only be 30-40 never ever higher. Also the tank is way too small. He needs minimum 40 gallon 36by18by18 or bigger and when he’s 9mnths old he needs a 120 gallon it’s only $168 for the 40 gallon at Petsmart or online with doors that open in the front. Hard to get the right temp with a small cage and it will be blazing hot. If he’s under 3mnths old it’s ok for now but get. A bigger tank. And they need room to jump and thrive and to grow without stress. He will have stunted growth ina. Confined cage like that it’s too small.

CastielTheBeardy

Hatchling Dragon
Im getting
That is the T 8 it needs to go inside the tank no cover over the bulb approx 6-8 inches directly above basking decor-- the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen
Im getting a T5 10.0 24 inch uvb fixture on the it is also 24w 10th

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im getting

Im getting a T5 10.0 24 inch uvb fixture on the it is also 24w 10th
Ok so when it comes you can use that on top of the screen just make sure the basking decor piece is directly underneath approx 8-10 inches -- keep me posted on the behavior -- how is the humidity thing going?

CastielTheBeardy

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so when it comes you can use that on top of the screen just make sure the basking decor piece is directly underneath approx 8-10 inches -- keep me posted on the behavior -- how is the humidity thing going?
Its going good, just got off work and checked it and it was at 40% i just misted him and it went up to 42% but im also going to check at night time to see if the humidity stays 40% or goes up

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its going good, just got off work and checked it and it was at 40% i just misted him and it went up to 42% but im also going to check at night time to see if the humidity stays 40% or goes up
It will go up but not by much -- mine can go up to 50 % at nite but when the lights go on it can drop to 30 % --

CastielTheBeardy

Hatchling Dragon
Humidity should only be 30-40 never ever higher. Also the tank is way too small. He needs minimum 40 gallon 36by18by18 or bigger and when he’s 9mnths old he needs a 120 gallon it’s only $168 for the 40 gallon at Petsmart or online with doors that open in the front. Hard to get the right temp with a small cage and it will be blazing hot. If he’s under 3mnths old it’s ok for now but get. A bigger tank. And they need room to jump and thrive and to grow without stress. He will have stunted growth ina. Confined cage like that it’s too small.
Ok so i moved the humidity gauge 2 inches from the basking light and its at 39% and the tank is actually a 75 gallon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes underneath the basking light
Ok you might want to move it then you want it to get readings not so close to the basking light -- nite time its gonna read ok cuz the light is off but during the day its gonna be off --- so either move the basking light or the hygrometer -- mine basking light is on one end of the tank w/ the hygrometer in the center back wall so its reading the whole tank

Latest posts