• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to decorate my tank for my bearded dragon??

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi everyone i need yah help real bad!! i want to know how to decorate my bearded dragon tank i want a real nice looking wall paper and what tile should i get for the bottom of my beardy tank also i wanna know where can i buy branches, trees, rocks and stuff like that online? please post some pictures up to give me an idea of how my tank should look make sure your pictures are really good looking thank you!! ;D

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The only thing I bought for this viv was the tile. It's slate. I paid $20 for a cas of it that did 4 tanks. I used bricks that were left over from when the landlord ripped the chimney off(sanatized of course) and found the basking rock outside.

Here is Princess' viv
Princessnewsetup.jpg

Here's Yoyo's viv. The background was already in it when I bought the tank at a garage sale. The big log I found outside as well as the rocks:

Yoyosnewviv.jpg

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
nice!! i like yoyo' viv thats the type of background that i want for my bearded dragon but i dont know where i can buy it from ??? do you know any place where i can buy one? and how long you had your beardy

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can get those back grounds from just about any pet store that carries fish...
Hope this helps out !

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wanda said:
so you have a sanded area, just not the whole tank in sand?

I do for Princess. She's about 2 years old. I wouldn't recommend it for your baby tho. Babies have a natural kink in their intestines that makes passing sand difficult. Babies can be messy eaters and take up alot of sand when trying to catch bugs.

curtbone123 said:
nice!! i like yoyo' viv thats the type of background that i want for my bearded dragon but i dont know where i can buy it from ??? do you know any place where i can buy one? and how long you had your beardy

I have had my beardies for about a year and a half. Yoyo was a week old when I got him and only about 4 inches long from nose to tail. You can try to google tank backgrounds, you might find a better selection online.

shannon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
if you go to petmountain.com they offer some really good deals. As far as flooring, slate is recommended because overtime the slate will help file down your beardies claws so they arent so sharp

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I do for Princess. She's about 2 years old. I wouldn't recommend it for your baby tho. Babies have a natural kink in their intestines that makes passing sand difficult. Babies can be messy eaters and take up alot of sand when trying to catch bugs.

I have had my beardies for about a year and a half. Yoyo was a week old when I got him and only about 4 inches long from nose to tail. You can try to google tank backgrounds, you might find a better selection online.

sry to jump in but im getting a baby soon also and i was going to do half sand and half tile in a 40 gallon. this way i can put something in the middle when he eats on the tile.. would that work?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My opinion stay away from sand to big of a chance

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i wouldn't use sand. say for instant, you feed crickets and they jump thru the sand, they be covered and it's not worth the risk in my opinion. My guy is on paper towel.. easy to clean and no chance of impaction from sand or other substrate

Latest posts