• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to Breed Crickets?

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah lol I think i'm going to buy maybe 2 or 300 more cricket's tomorrow. It's a 30 minute drive to the good cheaper little pet store. Between him and the hungry little snakes I have to go at least 3 times a week. I think that i've stocked up for the week and then they eat everything i've bought. 4 pinky mice and 100 cricket's in less than a week :eek:

Misty has eaten 200 in 4 days before.

anyone ever hear of Soldier Fly Grub? found a place that you can basicly grow your own

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Phoenix, Calci, or Reptiworms are all the same thing, the maggot or larvae of the Black Soldier Fly, have a high calcium content compared to most other feeders, like most worms, are fattier than crix or roaches. They are quite small, so lots are needed to feed. Cannot really be gut loaded to add to their nutritional content. I have read reports that they are very temperature sensitive to survive.

Have enough of a fly problem in the summer time, without keeping adult flies to produce them ;) . I would think the breeders would be a little hard to contain.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
in my area i can set it out side with some old food in it and the adult flies will breed and lay eggs then die off after 3 days (the life span of an adult Soldier fly), then feed the grubs. but im hesitant about things like this due to insecticides

Latest posts