• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much calcium does my beardie need?

Trinity

Bearded Dragon Egg
For a temp gun, I think most of us order the same one off amazon. I can't remember the brand right off, but it's around $15. I've never used a CHE, so I have no recommendations on that. I'll let somebody else offer their experience.
Okay thank you!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You should only need a 60 watt CHE bulb. You only want the tank to be between 65-70 degrees at night. I live in the Midwest and don't use one. My tanks are around 65 degrees even in the dead of winter.

There should be a link to general setup info under my comment.

Trinity

Bearded Dragon Egg
You should only need a 60 watt CHE bulb. You only want the tank to be between 65-70 degrees at night. I live in the Midwest and don't use one. My tanks are around 65 degrees even in the dead of winter.

There should be a link to general setup info under my comment.
Okay because I live in Colorado and my house gets pretty cold in the winter. I'm probly gonna get a temp gun first and see if I need a CHE.

Flamesmama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello - you say 6 months is too young for brumation but I have read in lots of places of juveniles going into brumation or a semi brumation (maybe not as young as 6 mths though) - I am very confused with the amount of conflicting info, my beardie is about 8 months (the shop that I got her from wasn’t sure of her age but thought she was about 6 months) I have had her for two months now, she is 16.5 inches, growing well, and then this week she has hardly eaten, she’s digging like crazy (something she’s never done before) and trying to hide under her log (usually she will go and hide up on her hammock) she normally poops every other day but she pooped 3 times in one day and then hid in a box I’d put in there - she’s been pretty sleepy for over a week too so I’m assuming she’s in brumation - she hasn’t moved from her hide for 3 days, when I opened the door and put fresh water and some veg in for her she opened her eyes and looked at me - then went back to sleep! I’ve done all the obvious things (heat, light etc) but I didn’t save a poop sample because I didn’t think she would go into brumation, but I will try and weigh her when I give her a bath in the next couple of days