• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How long until I should be worried?

Bluecrush93

Hatchling Dragon
Unfortunately, my beardie passed away. Came home from work on Thursday and he had passed. I’m trying to understand if there’s something different I could have done or if this was just another case of why not to buy a beardie from a chain pet store as I’ve come to learn that so frequently they have health problems.

I would like to get another, but I want to ensure I’ve got the right set up to give one a good home. Would anyone be kind enough to review my original post above which details my setup and review my pictures were within this thread, and offer any feedback or suggestions?

If I get another, it will definitely be through a breeder and never again through a chain pet store.

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Unfortunately, my beardie passed away. Came home from work on Thursday and he had passed. I’m trying to understand if there’s something different I could have done or if this was just another case of why not to buy a beardie from a chain pet store as I’ve come to learn that so frequently they have health problems.

I would like to get another, but I want to ensure I’ve got the right set up to give one a good home. Would anyone be kind enough to review my original post above which details my setup and review my pictures were within this thread, and offer any feedback or suggestions?

If I get another, it will definitely be through a breeder and never again through a chain pet store.
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss! Sounded like everything you did was perfect literally..especially w/Sadie's help! He must of been ill..he looked really small to me. I hope you heal and kno it wasn't your fault..good luck hun!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry to hear he passed -- you did everything you could to get him to eat -- it is so hard to tell what is going on w/ them -- just dont blame yourself there was something going on there that we do not know -- could of been genetics - could of been anything we just dont know- people who buy from pet stores to me are heroes -- they are basically saving them so many die and if you can find one healthy enough and take the time to get them proper care they make it some sadly do not - so to me you are a hero--
all the lighting and basking temps and correct diet didnt help but you tried - that is what counts --
Your set up should be good as we went over it -- I would however get some F 10 found on ebay or amazon or Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some Rescue to sanitize your tank --- since we dont know exactly what he passed from we dont want the new dragon getting sick --- F 10 is really good take everything out including all the decor and spray it down -- please throw away the mat and I would get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner its easy to clean w/ vinegar/water 50-50 and w/ the F10 if you need it --- the log I am not sure if you should keep that -- I personally would get rid of it -- anything plastic/ resin glass things like that can be cleaned w/ the sanitizers -

Bluecrush93

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you, Sadie. I’ll order the F10 today.

As for the log, what about baking it at your 400 degrees for 30 minutes? Would that be ok, or better to just toss it and replace?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, Sadie. I’ll order the F10 today.

As for the log, what about baking it at your 400 degrees for 30 minutes? Would that be ok, or better to just toss it and replace?
You can bake it if you like but around 250 for 2 hrs