• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How did you start

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What and how did you get started in Bearded Dragons or any reptile. I started 28 years ago with a snake I purchased from a friend.

Kimby37

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It all started last year when my daughter wanted a turtle and i said no. But when our cat (Snowball) died in October i planned on getting her a turtle for x-mas. We talked to someone in a pet store and he suggested we get a tortoise and said to go to a place called Zoo Creatures. After seeing the little ones it was decided. I went home did tons of research and bought Mylo. Then my son got a leopard gecko the day after x-mas. We kept looking at the Bearded Dragons and my research began on them :) Now we have Sahara......Maybe another in the future. If i can talk my boyfriend into it.

Kairi23

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I started liking bearded dragons when i was in high school, i went to an agricultural high school and they had an adult beardie there named Ozzy. A couple weeks ago, after a lot of research i got two female bearded dragons :) I am so happy!!

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my love of lizards in general started when i was really young. when i was about 9 or 10. I caught a lizard in my backyard and decided to keep it as a pet. sadly it passed away and i was so upset about it that my uncle took me to a pet store to get another lizard as well as a PROPER set-up. I chose an anole. THEN my research began. I HAD to own every lizard care book possible!!! I fell in love with the picture of the bearded dragon on the front cover of one of my books! wasnt until YEARS later that I would finally decide to get my first dragon. =) Rocko.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I started liking lizards when I was 5 or 6 walking to school and seeing the wild ones hop along the fence

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I fell in love with beardies when we saw little baby ones at Petco. They have big heads for their bodies so i just had to get one. Then I saw Geico and wanted him sooo bad.... and what did you know... all reptiles were on sale.

Latest posts