• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hiding all the time?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Now that things are improving with Yoyo can I put his hides back in on the cool side? He's been basking and eating pretty normally now. He won't eat crix anymore but he goes nuts for roaches. He's been eating his salads just about every day. He's also stopped cage dancing. I did end up putting Yoyo downstairs and Princess is upstairs. She has also stopped the crazy cage dancing that she was doing. I have to buy new plexi glass for her viv because she tore it up with all the dancing.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is great news about getting back to normal! Sorry you have to replace the plexi glass.

I say go ahead and put the hides back in the viv. Remember you may take a step back for a couple days, but I think you are fine. Having them on different levels is probably the trick to getting them back to eating...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI, Corrine. Did you put the hide back? How's it going?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i put the hide back in. All seems to be going well. He's basking ad eating. He's getting active again for the moment so we'll see how things go.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wonderful! Sounds like you have successfully given him a new viv! Congrats. :D

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He doesn't get right up when I turn his lights on. Is this ok? It gets down in the low 70s in his viv at night. I've been getting him up in the morning and putting him on his basking spot. Should I be doing this or should I leave him until he gets up? Other than that he's been doing good. Still not really eating his veggies. Should I stop bugs until he eats his veggies again?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would leave him be in the morning. 70 is fine for night temps. He needs to warm up a bit. With the basking light on and the UV going, he'll get his lazy self up to bask when he warms up a bit.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Re: hiding all the time? Just an update

Well Yoyo is back to his normal self. I didn't feel he was adjusting well to his new viv so I put him back into a 36inx18in glass viv. He is now back to basking, eating and pooping. No more hiding. He did manage to get himself stuck under his basking rock tho. So my question is is that big enough for him for life or should I invest in a bigger glass tank?

Latest posts