• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi - Just got my first Beardie :)

Bonks

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Malygos - our first Beardie.

When we first got him about a week ago we where told by the petshop that we can feed him about 5 crickets every 2 days.
We did some research before we went out and got him and knew this was not true. This being said I don't really know his age as they might have been somewhat underfed. He has since been eating better every day between 8 and 12 crickets a day {dusted} yet to get him on a multi-vitamin for weekends. [The crickets we give him has to be semi frozen so they dont move and placed close to him {in his sight} he will then eat them as they start to move again.

He gets fresh water every day treated with Repti-save, as well as the juvenile pellets and a "salad"
A mix of greens altered every 3 days made up of diffident food types from the list found at
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
{Not that he has shown any interest in the salad or pellets.}

Any tips on how to get him interested in salad, or is it OK to just have it in the cage and wait for him to, possibly one day decide to eat some.

I'm adding some Pics If theres any one that can spot something or has some hints please let me know :) Here is a link to a web album with more up to date Pics of Malygos. Please go have a look.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106947...?authkey=Gv1sRgCO7V4bi8gNLQQg&feat=directlink

I know its a long post but I believe there will be many more to come, as I really want to give Malygos the best care possible. {so he can grow to live a long and healthy life.}

Malygos 2.JPG Malygos 4.JPG

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new beardie! Make sure you fatten him up, he's got plenty of growing to do!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and Welcome. He will eat more greens the older he gets just keep offering them to him.

Bonks

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guyz
Noticed today he has started rubbing his head on all the wood in his viv, alot. So I think his going to start shedding I will keep on spraying him and give him a soak. should I soak him everyday? and I was thinking this might be why he hasn't been eating that good the last couple of days.

And got him to eat some raspberry if I put little pieces on one or two of his crickets he seems to like it but so far only as a side with a cricket :) doesnt seem to care for butternut or anything ells for that matter.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like u will have him chunked up in no time. They love 2 eat & it sounds like u have a variety in the diet. Shedding does irritate them & misting helps chill them out as it hydrates the skin.

Bonks

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi its 21 days since Malygos moved to his new home and exept for the od berry or 2 with his crickets I finaly found a plant he loves :) Basil, we have started feeding him by holding some of the crickets with a feeding tong and he seems to love eating this way, when I dipped some basil in water and offer it to him he grabs it even more eagerly than his crickets.
I think I start mixing some fresh basil with his other veggies and hopefully he will finally take to it.
I know at his size veggies aren't that important but the sooner he starts liking it the better I suppose.

Latest posts