• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi :) an intro & a few questions from new beardie owners

Dante's Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have never seen him eat vegies at all; only superworms and crickets. I've tried, fruit and vegies including kale, collard, spinach, banana, apple, papaya, carrot even jarred dragon food. The crickets had been calciumed. I just checked his temp and I think the habitat is cool. It was only 80 degrees. I put him on his warm rock and he stayed there but his eyes are still closed.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Heat rocks are dangerous for dragons as they can NOT sense heat from below. These have been know to cause bad burns if they malfunction as the dragon does not feel themselves getting burned. Most if not all of the vetran owners of bearded dragons will not use them and actually i don't even like seeing them sold anymore.

Dante's Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok I put the light over his basking spot and moved him there. It isn't 110 but it is getting warmer. Its over 95 now. Thank you for advise. Do you think the temp is one of his problems? How about eating and pooping? he is doing neither. Should we feed him some more in syringe?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is very sad to hear it is always hard to lose a pet but it does happen unfortunately. We recently lost our best female she was eating collards and she looked up at my wife and died. I hope it doesn't discouraged you, there was probably a underlying problem that started before you got him it sounds like his diet was not that good. We hope you try again with another Dragon .

Dante's Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Bill and Karen, I don't know if I'll get another one. I've never had a reptile before and I truly think Dante was sick when we got him. He never ate good or pooped good and he wasn't ever very active. I've been told our lighting was wrong but it is what came with him so who knows. Man o Man you have a lot of reptiles and a dog or two. LOL Thanks for your warm sentiments. Jan

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Bill and Karen, I don't know if I'll get another one. I've never had a reptile before and I truly think Dante was sick when we got him. He never ate good or pooped good and he wasn't ever very active. I've been told our lighting was wrong but it is what came with him so who knows. Man o Man you have a lot of reptiles and a dog or two. LOL Thanks for your warm sentiments. Jan

If he was sick then you deserve the chance to enjoy a healthy one

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

we hope you come back

Latest posts