• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He's Here!!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, we finally got out newest family member. He's a 5 month old central Beared Dragon. (Yet un named)
I've actually got him to eat a little but l am horrified at how tiny he is. He was housed with 7 other dragons and only fed crickets.......In a day or 2 i will take some pics but for now l am just letting him settle in.

Cheers
Jane

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
II've just measured him and he's 6 1/2 inches long and is only 14 grams... should he weigh more than that?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Someone else will have to chime in on the weight and length as I'm not positive. Congrats on the new addition though! Can't wait to see some photos once he gets all settled in!

Dragons Dynasty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would think at 5 months he would be a bit larger. Feed him as much as he wants and a good variety of bugs and greens, vitamins and calcium, the right lights and he should grow big before you know it.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yea his length is very small thats the average size of a 6 week old dragon but for his length the wieght isnt too bad you can tell when thier under weight by ow this thier arms n tail are if you can see his hip bones really well then hes under weight

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
how big is his cage now and his previous enclosure they need a minimum of a 40 gallon

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've got a 55 gallon tank. At a guess, he was housed in maybe a 30 gallon with 7 other dragon a little smaller than him.
He's eating great (well crickets anyway). He's tried a little dandelion greens and flower, carrot tops, bok choy, turnip, green bean, endive and a little apple from my finger. I really haven't got too close to him yet, i thought l'd just let him settle for a few days then l'll get in and have a peek a boo.

Oh, and he has a name after many hours of fighting.. My 11 year old wanted Nitro (because Nitro is fast), my 4 year old wanted Rose (everything is named Rose. If you ask her why, it's so she remembers all her friends names... cute) Hubby and I tossed a few names but we all agreed on
Freddy.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol nice and if all the dragons were only 6 inces or less he was housed w probly not a problem lol n are you sure hes not 5 weeks instead of 5 months because thats unnaturally small for tht age

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i did ask the lady when we were filling ou the wildlife logbook. She told me they were born in January. I know they they have been at the petshop for the past month because the kids and i have been "visiting" them twice a week. However l will go back in and speak to the Ron, i know they did have central and northern and an wondering if the lady mixed them up.. wow l hope not. Paperwork alone will be a mightmare to fix up...

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh yea thats very strang if he is that small definately check with the papers and stuff new borns are between 3 and 4 inches so him beeing only 6 is verrrryyy tiny lol

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What's the hatch date?
5 months, that is pretty small. He could be a late bloomer, a runt or maybe his growth has been stunted, does he have any injuries?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to say there is no way that Dragon is 5 months old This is JeffOs Silk at 4 weeks
P7020006.jpg

P7020007.jpg

These are 12 weeks
P7020008.jpg

P7020011.jpg

P7020012.jpg

These are 5 months
P7020014.jpg

P7020015.jpg

P7020017.jpg

P7020018.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent post, Bill! Great reference to size,weight & age.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've just taken a few pics, on scales and next to ruler. I went back into the petshop where l bought him. They tracked back the paperwork (not sure about the US but in Australia you need a license and have to keep log books for these critters) and according to the information they have, Yoda (finally found a name the whole family likes) hatched on the 25 January. I can only go by what l am told and as this is my first dragon i am very nieve when it comes to what should/shouldn't be etc. Can someone help with posting of pictures please. I'm a newbie:)

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm betting they messed up and ment the eggs where laid on the 25th as long as he is healthy I have a feeling he is going to grow like crazy for you:D

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hmm she says hes a central but atleast tht wld make a tiny bit more sence if the eggs were laid in january but hed still b too small... all i can say is good luck and feed him tons oh and when youare tying to post something right next to post reply button push upload file for pics

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm she says hes a central but atleast tht wld make a tiny bit more sence if the eggs were laid in january but hed still b too small... all i can say is good luck and feed him tons oh and when youare tying to post something right next to post reply button push upload file for pics
nope he would be rite at the weight he should be its my understanging they grow slow and for much longer then a reg bearded dragon

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
DSC05193.JPG
Here's my little Yoda. He has the most beautiful orange/red colour just near his ear.I'm hoping that's what colour he will eventually turn... but even if he doesn't he's still a sweetie
DSC05196.JPG

Latest posts