• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Here's the tank

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I went and finally got the stuff my tattoo guy had for sale
3ft long 18h 2ft w
Came with 4 or 5 logs
A few hood lights
4 or 5 exoterra bowls 1 xxl
And a nice screen top
All for 30.00

uploadfromtaptalk1376204416807.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You got a really great deal and saved a lot of money. I made the mistake of getting a starter set which I had to replace in three months. I paid over thirty dollars just for my lights. I would go out and get one more climbing log so your Bearded Dragon can use to get closer to the basking area.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376226830.934734.jpg

Here is my setup. Mine sleeps on the climbing branch almost every night.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I took the xxl bowl and flipped it over and put that log on it
If it needs to be raised more then I'll put the medium dish on top of the xxl. ..lol

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, the set up looks good! Two questions though.
1. What kind of bulb is in the dome on the right?
2. What is in the dome that is at a angle?
Bonus question!
3. Why is it angled?

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
The angled one is 10,0 uvb bulb
The other one is a 125 watt flood light for heat

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your uvb bulb should be within 8-10" of the basking spot. I would take the suggestion above and find something that you can elevate the basking spot closer to the uvb. I would also lay it flat allowing for more coverage of rays.
This will then pose a problem with temps from that flood lamp. You can either raise it or buy a lower wattage.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I have to raise the basking spot up about an inch. ...my hands are tied today cause all the pet shops were closed
I'm gonna buy a hammock
The reason that the light is angled is because once he leaves the basking area he immediately returns. ....I'm buying a repti Sun 10.0 strip light
Again not til tomorrow

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine never cared for the hammock. He kept using it to try to climb the glass. Seems like others like them but for mine the more natural climbing branch worked the best.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I just can't believe that a good size driftwood is almost 40.00 I can't justify that

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You can get lucky and find some large rocks or other useful things at a garden and landscaping place for a lot less than it would be at a Pet Store. You just have to make sure to clean it really well. The rocks can be put in a oven to kill anything on it. You are still really ahead of the game considering the great deal you got on everything else. Once you get everything settled the only main cost of owning your Bearded Dragon will be the the food and changing your UVB Bulb every 6 months.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I'm gonna but 3 new bulbs to get ahead of the bulb game
And order adult roaches so I can breed them
I'm just looking for the cheapest to order from

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I never had the roaches either
I gave the beardie a darkling beetle and he went crazy for more

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We currently only do the Silkworms and Hornworms. Watching him put away a 2 or 3 inch Hornworm is pretty cool. Giving him only worms and salad had really made him a lazy eater however. He normally only eats in his good old time. He is going through a shed right now and not eating as much which totally bothers me.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
How often do they shed?
Mine hasn't shed since he's been here

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It really depends on the age. Younger Bearded Dragons will shed more often since they are growing faster. Mine is almost a year now and sheds around every 3 months. I believe a younger one will shed every 6 weeks or so. There is a lot of information about this both online and in the forums.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
Ok thank you very much
......on my way right now to go shopping for the light and hammock or should I get a 250 watt infrared light for the heat

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A 250W infrared would very likely be much too hot & BDs thrive on bright, white light, so you want a white light, not a red one, for heat.

aiden1024

Hatchling Dragon
I bought the hammock I actually just installed it and he's loving life
Now I wish this fool would eat more than 5 or 6 crix
He won't eat the salad

Latest posts