• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with temperature, and Humitity.

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys the set up of my viv is as follows on the right side I have my basking lamp with digital thermometer in the centre at the back, I have my hydrometer and on the left side I have another thermometer with one of those half logs to sleep under.

The temperature from the digital thermometer is 31c the basking area
The reading from the hydrometer is 40 (moderate)
The reading from the thermometer on the left also reads the same as the digital

Is the left hand side supposed to be cooler? Would it be cooler under the log?

Any advice will be appreciated

Kenny2605

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how big is his tank what size light can you post a pic

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi bill i cant seem to be able to post photo having difficulties the viv is 3ft long.

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
image.jpg

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi managed to get photo on of my set up what do you guys think about my initial question.

thanks again

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
cool side should be about 80 to 85 Fahrenheit. is the top open or sealed with small vents? you could use a linear bulb for uvb on the inside and a standard household bulb for his basking spot. that basking bulb should also have some kind of guard or screen or something in front of it so your little guy has no chance of coming in contact with it. what wattage is the bulb that you are using?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try 2 get the Hot Side up to 35c-43c. Try 2 position the bulb downward focusing the heat in 1 area. Cold Side should be around 30c.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow that sounds a little high! hot side mine is around 90-95 and cool side around 75-80.
@ Kenny plants look good BUT be careful dragon does not try to eat them, plus also no real need for a hide spot - sometiems they can hidde all day and not get any uv
one other thing just also remember that those lovely plastic things are not always accurate, as long as your dragon is happy and basking after dinner and not gaping then he will be fine
95-105 are safe temps 2 work with, some breeders & collectors keep temps 110-120.

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The hide he hasn't actually been near and the bulb is a 60watt and the fitting is fixed so I cant move it what about the humidity?

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I thought this tank would have been suitable as it's for beardies the temperature sits at 30c if it should be higher I told think he would be able to cope because as it is there's been times his mouths been gaping. What did you mean Bill by more vents?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can I ask then what should the humidity be hi, low or moderate?
Humidity should b low. Try 2 get ahold of a Digital Thermometer with probe, they are very accurate with temps & humidity.

Latest posts