• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help? should I be concerned??

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*toot toot* Rings the Happy Bell.

Give her some extra calcium. With her fat stores down, she probably needs it.

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for the help and support. It's been a long struggle to get her to this point. I told Kiwi she can't have anymore eggs till she buils her calcium up. Right now I've decided to add extra Vitamines to her crickets dusting. I made a mixture of both cacium+D dust and Hept-Vitamine Dust to use every day till she sees the Vet again. I've cut out the superworm to illimate fat content. Not sure if I should maybe keep offering the Carnivor Care suppliments also?
Also as far as the eggs clustes go, how often can I expect her to release them now?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just as a refresher was she with a male? if she wasnt you can toss the eggs if she was you need to freeze em first (i dont suggest keeping them considering the health issues she had while carrying them it is possible that some issues were passed to the embryos).

As far as how often. Normally a bred female will lay 1-3 clutches in a season. I personally have never dealt with infertile clutches so im not sure on an answer for that for ya.

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Kiwi has never been with a male, nor is she in contact with other beardies. I do not wish you breed her at all cause she comes from unhealthy parents and has her own health issues.
When she did lay then I removed them immediately and put them asside. I didn't freeze them cause they are unfertilized and where slightly opaque in colour in some areas of the egg.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
considering her already depleted resources its possible she wont lay again. ill wait for input from some other folks with a longer background with this to post as well though.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
typically she'll go anywhere between 20-45 days apart.

her depleated state may have no bearing on her laying cycle, then again it may. it's dragon specific. If the resources are available, the cycle will use them, leaving her deficient.

Problem with the vitamin dust on a daily regiment. herptivite contains several things she can become over loaded on fairly easily. things you want her to get from foods. Like Vitamins A, and D. Use the calcium only on a daily schedule, and put her vitamins to 2 days per week.

Although the supers are higher in fat content, in this circumstance, I would dust them well and give her several a day to help build those same stores. Offer them after your more healthy bugs tho. The thought is that she needs the fat stores in order to store up nutrients to be able to lay a clutch without detrement to herself. Without fat to contain those "stored nutrients" they're passed.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear Kiwi is doing better. Hopefully, she'll bounce back after laying her eggs. Keep my fingers crossed that no more will be laid....poor thing needs a break!

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
YEAAAAH Finally..Kiwi got her clean bill of health from the Vets this week. She is eating about 50 crickets a day (making up for lost time) and is now in a full body shed. The Vet recommended I keep her heat at 125F to 130F daytime basking temp, 80F- 90F in the cooling area but no lower than 75F-85F for the night from now. In the past I kept her at 115F-125F basking temp, nightime temp was about 70F-75F.
This is interesting, the Vet explained that because we (us Northern Canadians) reside in a Northern Climate it is best for our beardies to keep this level of heat as compared to the warmer climate area of North America. As I understood it, something about the barometric pressure and our area doesn't produce enough dry heat level at the recommended 115F-120F. Not sure I'm explaining myself correctly but you get the jist of it I'm sure. Anyway just thought it was interesting so I wanted to share this infomation.

Lastly, after what Kiwi and I have been through she has another check up in 6 months. Considering Kiwi's track record, and my Vet bills, it is best to keep on top of any potential health risk. All this because of very unhealthy parents and an uneducated owner..Save the Beardies!!!

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
when I said "uneducated owner" I meant the person who owned Kiwi's parents...Not me, I"ve learnt SOOOOOO much just from this forum alone and the Vet's...LOL

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've tried...I've even told her about the forum. But she's one of those know it all. She argues with me when I try to tell her anything. But slowly I think she is catching on because she sees how well off Kiwi is with proper love and care.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Like I said... how can we help... more information.. we got all that... care sheets, got that too...]
Janie

Latest posts