• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help I sat on my bearded dragon

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
If you're unable to care; here's a BD foundation that may help.

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's doing fine I didn't get a uvb light I don't even know where to get one I set up a go fund me to try and get him to a vet no luck on that yet I cooked some frozen okra yesterday and blended it up to n the blinder he ate about 4mil of that yesterday he's having no problem eating or drinking and so that's a good sign also he's pooped alot

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's doing fine I didn't get a uvb light I don't even know where to get one I set up a go fund me to try and get him to a vet no luck on that yet I cooked some frozen okra yesterday and blended it up to n the blinder he ate about 4mil of that yesterday he's having no problem eating or drinking and so that's a good sign also he's pooped alot
Please NO okra --- look at the website link I sent you I also posted a link for a UVB get one asap or your dragon is going to die ------ posting again https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
22" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
Your dragon needs his main staple diet --- insects also posted links for that ----

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will get him something from the pet store today and see if someone will help me out with some money to get a uvb light

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will get him something from the pet store today and see if someone will help me out with some money to get a uvb light
Pet stores are expensive but he needs protein NOW -- that is the main staple - and hes not getting any Calcium D3 of which he needs this too --- the bones that are broke need this and the UVB light --- please get what I recommended -- and go off the website for greens -- he wont be able to absorb the calcium w/ out the UVB light and he will develop MBD -- he will become deformed and wont walk right or start having seizures--- NO meal worms they will impact him --- crickets or phoenix worms if they have them ---- super worms are for treats only! Do not listen to those pet store people they give bad advice because they have never cared for a dragon

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pet stores are expensive but he needs protein NOW -- that is the main staple - and hes not getting any Calcium D3 of which he needs this too --- the bones that are broke need this and the UVB light --- please get what I recommended -- and go off the website for greens -- he wont be able to absorb the calcium w/ out the UVB light and he will develop MBD -- he will become deformed and wont walk right or start having seizures--- NO meal worms they will impact him --- crickets or phoenix worms if they have them ---- super worms are for treats only! Do not listen to those pet store people they give bad advice because they have never cared for a dragon
I was talking about getting him something to eat from the pet store I don't have money for the uvb light or id by the light already

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was talking about getting him something to eat from the pet store I don't have money for the uvb light or id by the light already
I know ----- please get him outside for some good UVB - take him and hold him direct sunlight for 15 minutes or so -- do this several times per day till you get the UVB --- this is so important - if the heat is too hot only do as long as you can stand it - but he needs the UVB - if you have a plastic tote place him in that NO lid -- watch him if your using it as they will get hot NO glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not go off and leave him but he needs that UVB ASAP

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know ----- please get him outside for some good UVB - take him and hold him direct sunlight for 15 minutes or so -- do this several times per day till you get the UVB --- this is so important - if the heat is too hot only do as long as you can stand it - but he needs the UVB - if you have a plastic tote place him in that NO lid -- watch him if your using it as they will get hot NO glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not go off and leave him but he needs that UVB ASAP
I will do that

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Do you have a picture of him, that we could see just so we can try to pinpoint injury to some extent?
As Sadie suggested, lower everything in his tank, ideally to where he doesn't have to attempt to climb
to bask. Can you adjust his lighting so he can get his UVB & heating properly?
Try to keep him as comfortable as possible, as he is likely in some pain right now.

Tracie

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I believe I posted on your other threadd.
How is your dragon doing now? Did you get a new UVB light ordered?
Be sure to keep his basking & UVB lowered so that he doesn't have to climb to back. Is he
able to move his back legs at all yet?

Tracie

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I believe I posted on your other threadd.
How is your dragon doing now? Did you get a new UVB light ordered?
Be sure to keep his basking & UVB lowered so that he doesn't have to climb to back. Is he
able to move his back legs at all yet?

Tracie
He's actually doing pretty good I got him some little worms at the pet store he's eating them pretty good still no uvb light over been taking him in the sun for 15 mins at a time as someone on here suggested he is able to move his back legs I don't have nothing he can climb but i 7 months pregnant and no one will give me a job so idk when Ill be able to take him to he vet or get a uvb light for him

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Do you have a picture of him, that we could see just so we can try to pinpoint injury to some extent?
As Sadie suggested, lower everything in his tank, ideally to where he doesn't have to attempt to climb
to bask. Can you adjust his lighting so he can get his UVB & heating properly?
Try to keep him as comfortable as possible, as he is likely in some pain right now.

Tracie
I've took pictures but you can't really see in pictures it's his lower back by his tail

Jackie_NYC

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think the problem is not that he got the injury, he's start developing metabolic bone disease because of lack uvb lighting and lighting in general. No calcium and no protein in his diet.
There is no platform for him to grow and develop strong bones to walk or climb.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is he doing this evening? I am glad to hear that he seems to be doing a little better.
Have you been able to order a UVB yet for him? As Sadie has suggested, it would greatly help him out.
Remind me what calcium are you giving him right now?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's actually doing pretty good I got him some little worms at the pet store he's eating them pretty good still no uvb light over been taking him in the sun for 15 mins at a time as someone on here suggested he is able to move his back legs I don't have nothing he can climb but i 7 months pregnant and no one will give me a job so idk when Ill be able to take him to he vet or get a uvb light for him
Keep up w/ the outside time but you must get the uvb or he will not survive the winter- you don't want him developing mbd- that is a horrible disease - w/ him outside it's going to help him but please make that uvb a top priority borrow the money - the sunblaster I posted is the most reasonable and get the reptisun 10.0 bulb

Latest posts