• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help I sat on my bearded dragon

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon got under my blanket I checked on him a few times and for got he was there he's about 3 months old I realized he wasn't in his cage and found him puffed out and his balls are swollen and purple I don't know if he can breathe or what to do he was also sticking his tongue out I'm freaking out please help

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's not puffed out any more he's in his cage and moving his front 2 legs but he has a boldge in his lower back and hasn't moved his back two legs

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's not puffed out any more he's in his cage and moving his front 2 legs but he has a boldge in his lower back and hasn't moved his back two legs
Sounds like something got broke -- please get him into the vet for a XRay ---- www.arav.org-if your in a small area type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you- make sure hes got a good UVB NO coils --- long tube fixture I can post links to what you need --- good surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds like something got broke -- please get him into the vet for a XRay ---- www.arav.org-if your in a small area type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you- make sure hes got a good UVB NO coils --- long tube fixture I can post links to what you need --- good surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---
I wish I had the money to take him to the vet

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wish I had the money to take him to the vet
Keep his decor low and make sure your using the correct uvb and surface basking temps-- do not feed any insects bigger than the space between his eyes - they will impact him if they are too big - flagging your post to the vet tech on here -
@Drache613

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon got sat on the day before yesterday he's ok but his back is broke I'm 7 months pregnant and can't get a job because no one wants to hire me this far along is there any assistance program I can get to take him to the vet or would anyone be willing to help with the cost to take him to the vet it's breaking my heart bc I know he's in pain

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel so bad for him

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_181701073.jpg
    IMG_20230811_181701073.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230811_181641150.jpg
    IMG_20230811_181641150.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20230811_181701073.jpg
    IMG_20230811_181701073.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feel so bad for him
He needs good UVB a long tube fixture - what are you using now? NO coils --- let me know I will post a link for the most reasonable and best one -- I am flagging your post Tracie will be able to help you shes a vet tech and has a website for some stuff that will help the pain
@Drache613

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
He needs good UVB a long tube fixture - what are you using now? NO coils --- let me know I will post a link for the most reasonable and best one -- I am flagging your post Tracie will be able to help you shes a vet tech and has a website for some stuff that will help the pain
@Drache613
I'm not sure what a Uvb is and thank you so much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons cannot live out uvb - please post a pic of the tank and lighting- in order for him to keep eating and live surface basking temps and uvb are crucial to his survival

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons cannot live out uvb - please post a pic of the tank and lighting- in order for him to keep eating and live surface basking temps and uvb are crucial to his survival
Oh okay his light

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_205608506_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230811_205608506_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh okay his light
Brand and bulb-- look on the bulb is this a mvb- mercury vapor bulb which is a all in one - basking and uvb-- you need two digital probe thermometers - he needs basking temps of 105-110 - this starts digestion uvb help him absorb his calcium he will stop eating if all this is not on par- he won't get better he will get worse- if you are not financially able to take care of him take him back to where you got him - he needs medical care

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Brand and bulb-- look on the bulb is this a mvb- mercury vapor bulb which is a all in one - basking and uvb-- you need two digital probe thermometers - he needs basking temps of 105-110 - this starts digestion uvb help him absorb his calcium he will stop eating if all this is not on par- he won't get better he will get worse- if you are not financially able to take care of him take him back to where you got him - he needs medical care
I've already talked to the people I got him from they will not help I will get a thermometer on there asap I know he needs medical care that's why I'm reaching out for help but no one seems to want to help me

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
I agree with brittany49... if you are unable to provide proper care and not financial able, please place for adoption. BD require a lot of care not to count $$$ for proper feeding. My BD's feeder bill runs $50 - $75 per month.
Your BD is NOT OK! He needs medical attention. Again, lighting is so important or he will DIE.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've already talked to the people I got him from they will not help I will get a thermometer on there asap I know he needs medical care that's why I'm reaching out for help but no one seems to want to help me
You need to reach out to a rescue group then -- google rescue groups in your area and start making some calls - I can have you set up a hospital tank for now and see if we can get him better I dont know what is done w/ dragons w/ broken bones - I am trying to get Tracie to respond here -- she would know better than I -- I am posting a pic of a tank of what it should look like for his health -- but you need a good UVB and you have not answered as to what I was asking --- this is imperative to the dragons health --
1691847132303.png

What size tank is the dragon in now - this tote is like a 20 gallon you dont necessarily haft to have a tote you can set your tank up you have now like this -- please get some rolled up dish towels under his basking light and place the probe on there to get the surface basking temps--- next that UVB should be placed directly over him -- we need to get a UVB that is a right NOW issue -- I am reaching out to Tracie again --- I have sent her a message as well ---
@Drache613

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
UVB is ultra violate B, which in nature comes from the sun. When we have a house bound pet we provide the necessary to life UVB in the form of a light bulb designed for that purpose.

@Sadie will you please link where the OP might buy such a bulb?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UVB's please pick one this one I am posting first would be the most reasonable for you
you want the 2 ft fixture 24" and you need to change the bulb out to a Reptisun 10.0 bulb I will post a link
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
22" bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332 or
if you have a Pet Smart where you live you can go there and see if they have this in stock
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse you want the 12% bulb 24 watt

burkettbrittany49

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to reach out to a rescue group then -- google rescue groups in your area and start making some calls - I can have you set up a hospital tank for now and see if we can get him better I dont know what is done w/ dragons w/ broken bones - I am trying to get Tracie to respond here -- she would know better than I -- I am posting a pic of a tank of what it should look like for his health -- but you need a good UVB and you have not answered as to what I was asking --- this is imperative to the dragons health --
View attachment 34423
What size tank is the dragon in now - this tote is like a 20 gallon you dont necessarily haft to have a tote you can set your tank up you have now like this -- please get some rolled up dish towels under his basking light and place the probe on there to get the surface basking temps--- next that UVB should be placed directly over him -- we need to get a UVB that is a right NOW issue -- I am reaching out to Tracie again --- I have sent her a message as well ---
@Drache613
His tank is about a 8 by 16 is the uvb the regular light or the purple light I have a light that you can have the purple light and white light I didn't answer because I didn't know how to answer you I really am trying I've been feeding him applesauce out of a syringe and water

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His tank is about a 8 by 16 is the uvb the regular light or the purple light I have a light that you can have the purple light and white light I didn't answer because I didn't know how to answer you I really am trying I've been feeding him applesauce out of a syringe and water
No colored bulbs --- please get a digital probe thermometer and get a surface basking temp- 105-110--- next please stop feeding applesauce - your dragon needs greens like collard mustard kale or turnip greens w/ some zucchini or yellow squash cut up - the apple sauce is going to make him go poop that is given when they are impacted please stop- he needs protein -- like live crickets which he wont be able to chase because he cant move his back legs so w/ that being said you need to order some BSFL medium size www.symtonbsf.com -- he needs this asap --- your dragon is not getting proper nourishment here is a website to look to see what you need to be feeding him -
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder - ne needs calcium D3 5 x per week lightly coated on a insect other than the BSFL they are calcium enriched - so if you order the BSFL from the website I posted get some small dubia roaches as well --- who sold you this dragon- they have not a clue as to how to take care of dragons - there is a lot that needs to be done here to keep this dragon alive - what are the dimensions of the tank 8x16x? your going to need a good bowl to feed the BSFL in its a great salad bowl take the BSFL and put on top of his salads https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Please let me know what your going to do here - his diet should consist of mainly protein right now -- salads are offered daily as well but he should be mainly eating insects ---

Latest posts